Isaac was pretty bummed about the baby being a girl. Thank goodness it didn't last very long. We explained to him that Heavenly Father was the one who got to choose if it was a boy or a girl, and that He had already decided that a long long time ago.
The other day Isaac asked me what we were going to name our baby sister. I told him what we were thinking of (see side poll) but said that we didn't know what we were going to name her.
He thought for about a second and asked in a frustrated tone, "Is Heavenly Father going to decide that too?"
Lessons learned:
Gender is decided before this life...check!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I REALLY like the name LYDIA. I'm going to start thinking of her as LYDIA. :) RUBY comes in a close 2nd, but really I like Lydia. Lydia Widdison just sounds really pretty to me. + I don't think it's THAT common.
All those names sound good with Issac and Luke. Part of me was convinced that you would go biblical considering that both of your boy's names are in the bible. Not that I think you should do that. In fact, I don't think it's ever a good idea to put yourself in a corner with name options. Of course, this is coming from someone who's parents put themselves in a corner. Camie, Kenneth, Karena, Collin, Craig, Keri, Kutrtis, Kylene...all K's and C's! I have a hard enough time calling Elden and Bennett the right names, why would I do that to myself?
is the Lillian after grandma Lillian? Either way, that's my vote!! Tough choices though, you guys have some good ones!
I voted for Jayne, but I really like Ruby, too. They are both a lot less common than the others, too. I just think that Jayne Widdison sounds really nice and goes well with the boy's names.
Douglas has been begging us for a little Sister for the past few months. Now that we know we're having a Girl, he doesn't want a Baby at all. Go figure !
Congrats Emily! I hope she is just like you.
Oh fun. A girl will shake things up. Congrats!
Congrats on your little girl - who'd have guessed we'd be having a boy and you'd get your girl!!! Must be the reward for working hard last year? ;-) Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see what you name her!
Post a Comment