| Rank | Male name | Female name |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | Jacob | Emily |
| 2 | Michael | Isabella |
| 3 | Ethan | Emma |
| 4 | Joshua | Ava |
| 5 | Daniel | Madison |
| 6 | Christopher | Sophia |
| 7 | Anthony | Olivia |
| 8 | William | Abigail |
| 9 | Matthew | Hannah |
| 10 | Andrew | Elizabeth |
We have been doing our homework on our girl names (and our boy names Isaac and Luke).
We don't really care if our baby has the most unique name, we actually would like it to be more common than uncommon, but we'll have to wait and see.
Here is what we found out:
Girl names (adding together all the different spellings and versions)
Utah for 2007 births:
Lilly/Lily/Lillian- #1
Olivia- #2
Isabelle/Isabel/Isabella- #3
Elizabeth- #4 (Ellie not in top 100)
Lydia- #48
Ruby- #66
Cassidy not in top 100
Jane/Jayne not in top 100
U.S. for 2007 births:
Isabelle/Isabel/Isabella- #2
Olivia- #7
Lily/Lilly/Lillian- #9
Elizabeth- #10 (Ellie was 174 in U.S., I can't search ind. names by state)
Ruby- #116
Lydia- #123
Cassidy- #208
Jane/Jayne- #426
Now for our boy names:
Isaac was #7 in Utah the year he was born (2004)
Luke/Lucas was # 5 in Utah the year he was born (2006)
We had no idea how popular our names were in Utah! We were living in Chicago...
Isaac didn't make it to the top 100 in Illinois (2004)
Luke/Lucas was #9 in Illinois (2006)
In conclusion, I guess we will just choose whatever name we like best...oops if it ends up being every other baby's name as well!:) We still have no idea, we just like to play with the names. We really won't decide until baby is born. We love the poll though. Fun to see what everyone thinks!


9 comments:
I don't know how you wait until the baby is born. We couldn't decide on Ryleigh's name for two days once we found out she was a girl...and I went INSANE!
I love picking out girl names. Boy names...not so much!
I know a Lilly and a Ruby. I know a lot of people LOVING Jane right now.
I know an Olivia, but she's 15.
I know you'll pick a great name. I like the suspense you bring to the table. You're an awesome mom.
Congrats on a girl! So exciting. Hmmm picking a name...always difficult...I think girl names are hard! Good luck.
Some pink-yipeeeee! I LOVE the name Ruby! Do that one. She will have that red hair and be Ruby. I am so glad WE decided on a name!
i liked jayne out of the choices you gave us, but i only like it spelled that way. who knows she might come out a jake. stranger things have happened. i've always liked the name savannah but i'm weird. my brother has a michigan, a marina and a milan. he gets teased because they are all places started with an m. that wasn't really his intention. all the names had to grow on me but now i think they are adorable. mostly because me neices are so cute. kari
I really like Isabelle and Olivia about the same. There are lots of girls names I like. I have to tell you that althought I like the spelling of Jayne, Uncle Bryon said it wasn't worth being different to never have anyone spell his name right. Love, Mom
my opinion on spelling Jane, Jayne: Isaac's name is in the bible. It is the CORRECT way to spell the name. Yet, everyone spells it wrong.
Issac, Isaak, whatever. The first time his own father spelled his name, he spelled it wrong. So, I figure, even if you spell the child's name the traditional way, it will be spelled wrong! I really like Jayne better than Jane...but maybe we'll go with the "traditional" way anyways...if we end up choosing Jane/Jayne.
I guess I like JAEnye too. I REALLY like Ruby though.
I say name her whatever you want. Who cares how popular it is. Brinley and Madelyn's names are pretty common in Utah, but not common at all in CA. I voted for Lydia. That was one of our names, too. We had a really hard time with names this time. We decided on Cassie's name about 20 minutes before she was born. I think all of the names on your list are cute. Can't wait to see what you decide.
Post a Comment