Kyle has tried to get rid of this piano every time we move...but I never let him. I would tell him that "This piano has HISTORY!" After we had been married about a year, we moved to Chicago and found this piano in our apartment, courtesy of the previous renters who were musicians. I always thought we would refinish it someday. I even helped sand and paint it a little bit but then I got sick, and Kyle was left to do the job solo. It has never been professionally tuned, but has carried its tune, pretty darn well, considering all the moves it has been through (total: 4). We thought since it was an old beat up one legged piano (Kyle replaced the legs), we would go crazy and make it a little fun and paint it a bright color...thinking it would make it's way into a toy room someday when a newer, nicer piano took its place. Thanks Kyle, I love my new RED piano!
Now all I have to do is recover the bench-- a blanket is covering up the ugly material. I am just waiting for a Joann's coupon...anyone have one? The material I'm looking at is 40 bucks a yard! Yikes!
Me 4 months pregnant.
This is a random cute picture of the boys. Luke LOVES his letters AND music. One day he was telling me he was making a song and I came over to find this. These letters make a song, can you see? He would line them all up and then run around carrying his conductor stick singing, every once in a while stopping to look at his "music" and then go about singing again. Isaac tried to follow along but according to Luke, he was singing it all wrong.


25 comments:
Cute piano, even cuter belly! I forget you're pregnant but you are so cute! Good work on the piano, Kyle. I can picture you sitting down playing while your boys dance around...
Wow! I'm impressed. I would never think of painting a piano, especially such a bold color, but it looks awesome. Now it looks good and makes a statement in the room. Good job, Kyle.
Em, you are too cure of a pregnant person. You tall people have it so nice. You look great!
You look great for 4 months - I'm not surprised. Good idea with the piano - will you come decorate my house??
the piano is cute em, and so are you 4 months prego. :) you can ask if they have any coupons at the cutting table. i do when i forget mine, and the ladies are so nice they always give me one from under the table. :)
Super cute! Way to go, Kyle. I wish I had a red piano! Good job + cute room :)
Like any good professional, I am going to retire at the top of my game. It was a great ride, but I'm glad it's over. At least until we start with the dressers!
That looks so awesome! I love the red...you did a great job, Kyle. Where's the bump???
how cute is that?!? I love it! Great work, Kyle. It looks awesome!
I love the piano! I keep telling Clark that we need to get one. Too bad we haven't fallen upon one yet, but I don't think Clark would have the patience that Kyle must have had to make yours so beautiful.
Cute bump--you barely can see it, but cute nonetheless.
Beautiful piano! And cute bump too. Are you having a chicken?
You look SO cute with your belly : ) I am about a month behind you and I swear my pants are getting a little tighter already. I haven't gained any weight yet, so I am not ready to cry : ) but I am surprised at how much faster the pooch is coming on with the second one.
What a nice Husband you have. I love that Piano. My Mom has a Piano that is totally out of tune and is usually never played ( except by the Grandkids ) but we could never imagine getting rid of it.
Wow! I love the red piano! Great job Kyle!
Em, what a cute belly!
I love your red piano and the cute belly. How fun!
It looks so cute. What a great job Kyle did. I can't wait to see it in person. Cute pictures of the kids--all three. Yeah Isaac on the swimming. We are proud of you. Love, Mom
I love the piano. I'd pay him a million dollars to restore a piano for me. Too bad he won't do that again. Cute tiny belly picture, too. If you didn't press your shirt down, we would've missed it. You look great! Can't wait to find out what your having!!
Hey I got a Joann's coupon in the mail today. It's 40% off one item or 10% off your total purchase (sale price included). I'll send it to you if you need it. Just email me your address!!
I am so impressed with your awesome piano. I still haven't managed to finish my piano. Good job Kyle.
Cute bump! And I love the red piano! I want one now!
I love the red piano. What a great idea. You look sooo small for 4 months! I am jealous!
I love the piano! How fun and what a great hubby to do that for you! And you look so cute! We need to get together soon. I can't wait until you find out what you are having.
Your piano corner is adorable. Kyle is a wonderman. You probably knew that.
And you are the most gorgeous pregnant woman in the world.
Great job on the piano Kyle! I like the red too, it looks great.
Talked to Julie last week. She doesn't have a blog and I told her she should start one. She is living in TX.
Very cute piano. :)
k i love that piano. its SO very cute and you decorated that whole space perfectly. love it.
Post a Comment