I'm sure you will all agree that a mess a minute makes for a lot of messes.
Yesterday:
"need a tissue?"
"we can always just share this one?"
This Morning:
Luke comes running into my room,
"Mama, you GOTTA see this. You are NOT gonna be happy."
He seemed very excited, but when I told him he was banned from water for the rest of his life, he wasn't too happy.
Doesn't look too bad here...
(fruit loops, water, and ice)
=
a lot of spilled water everywhere.
(to his credit, I did notice that he tried to clean it up with ONE napkin)
As for potty training, Luke is doing AWESOME! I guess if he isn't going to make messes in his pants, he has to do them somewhere!
My thoughts:
"Do I own a dog? What point is it to own a t.v. if I can't even leave the kids unattended to watch it?"
I probably shouldn't be laughing at this, but Luke is just out of control lately. Every mess he wasn't able to make when he was two, he is definitely making up for now.
Ruby doesn't see anything wrong with Luke. But that might be because he is just too quick for her. He usually lives life in fast foward.
a lot of spilled water everywhere.
(to his credit, I did notice that he tried to clean it up with ONE napkin)
As for potty training, Luke is doing AWESOME! I guess if he isn't going to make messes in his pants, he has to do them somewhere!
My thoughts:
"Do I own a dog? What point is it to own a t.v. if I can't even leave the kids unattended to watch it?"
I probably shouldn't be laughing at this, but Luke is just out of control lately. Every mess he wasn't able to make when he was two, he is definitely making up for now.
Ruby doesn't see anything wrong with Luke. But that might be because he is just too quick for her. He usually lives life in fast foward.
10 weeks old today.
She is growing so fast and keeps giving us lots to smile about. Who says you can't have a favorite child? Liars. Right now, as a mother of 3, trying not to pull out ALL of my hair, this baby is definitely my saving grace at the end of the day.
My horrible, no good, bad mommying moment:
Isaac and I have been clashing a lot lately. It totally stinks and I take all the blame (of course since I'm the adult). I feel like I'm acting like a three year old sometimes with this kid. We have been fighting over some pretty silly and insignificant things. But he reminds me that he still loves me, even if I make mistakes and even if I'm mean sometimes.
Even after I accidentally take him to preschool an hour early (they were gone on a field trip for the earlier class) and leave him to cry on the sidewalk for 7 minutes. I timed it. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and speeding at the top of my speedometer (thanks cops for not being around) as I raced back to school to get him (I had gotten all the way home and realized I read the clock wrong). He was being asked by a neighbor if he wanted to come in her house to call his mom when I arrived. Learning his phone number hasn't been a priority (even though it should have been).
We went straight home, and after a lot of kisses and hugs and apologies from his crazy mother, we did this.

I am sooooo sorry Isaac. I love you!
Don't forget to call me if you ever get lost!
another great teaching moment with Ike:
"Mommy, how come you know so much?"
"Because I'm so smart. I'm a mommy. It's my job."
"Oh, I thought dads were smarter than moms."
"Oh, no, mommy is much, much smarter."
I'm glad I helped clear that one up.
Even after I accidentally take him to preschool an hour early (they were gone on a field trip for the earlier class) and leave him to cry on the sidewalk for 7 minutes. I timed it. I was screaming at the top of my lungs and speeding at the top of my speedometer (thanks cops for not being around) as I raced back to school to get him (I had gotten all the way home and realized I read the clock wrong). He was being asked by a neighbor if he wanted to come in her house to call his mom when I arrived. Learning his phone number hasn't been a priority (even though it should have been).
We went straight home, and after a lot of kisses and hugs and apologies from his crazy mother, we did this.
I am sooooo sorry Isaac. I love you!
Don't forget to call me if you ever get lost!
"Mommy, how come you know so much?"
"Because I'm so smart. I'm a mommy. It's my job."
"Oh, I thought dads were smarter than moms."
"Oh, no, mommy is much, much smarter."
I'm glad I helped clear that one up.


17 comments:
See what a good idea those froot loops were?
if you're a bad mother, than i must be a failure. next time we see you guys remind me to tell you about forgetting to pick up bethany from school on her FIRST day of kindergarten. kari
This just made my day! I am so glad I am not the only mean mom out there. You always know how to make me laugh!
I loved this post. Your life is SO entertaining! I need to have THREE kids so I have at least some what of a life! Well, I'm working on two so I guess that's somethin.
I think Luke is one of the coolest kids EVER! I see NOW why you got him those Old Navy Wild Thing jammies!!! : )I LOVE his sweet little voice and I think he was just trying to get his own bowl of fruit loops, right?! Sorry, your boys have been driving you crazy! I'm about to get on that boat! Hip Hip Hooray! I love little Isaac and sorry about your scary moment today! Isaac seems like such a tough resilient kid, I'm sure he loves you more and more! And Scooby Ruby Roo is the sweetest little thing! I love all her cute little outfits and I love the pics with you and her!
okay, that was pretty funny. Yes Ruby is delicious. Have fun! I love it when your kids begin to understand what you went through and how hard it is to be the adult sometimes. Love, Mom
Emily- thanks for admitting you have some bad mom moments, it makes the rest of us feel sane :)
If I had a blog when my children were this age, this could have been a page from it.
(You know this. You witnessed it on occassion.)
Except that cute baby girl part...
(I didn't get that fun part until much later.)
I have an "Isaac" and a "Luke" and I'm sorry to say, the messes and the drama aren't going away any time soon....
You are so right to just laugh and love.
hang in there :)
sounds like Luke is channeling Dyl. I feel your pain, I really do. As for favorites, I understand that, too! But before long the screaming and whining will start and she will be in the same category as her brothers! (Maybe worse!) I have bad mommy moments almost every moment lately! Cute little Ruby Belle, I love her smile.
The water and fruit loops is kind of funny. But the kleenex all over the floor is hilarious. And you're right, what's the point of owning a TV if it doesn't babysit your children? HA HA HA.
Em, those pictures on the side of your blog are GORGEOUS! LOVE THEM! the lighting and color is sooo BEAUTIFUL! What treasures those pictures are!!
Don't we all have those bad mom moments?? I know I do. And there had to be at least one that's REALLY good at making trouble.
Brian and I were saying just the other night how having one kid was SO EASY compared to having three. Maybe you'd agree.
Also, I agree with Poppy. Wait until she can fuss and whine about everything. =)
Emily, you are an inspiration to everyone--whether the bad mommy moments happen or not--because you are so amazing!
I am a little frightened by your mom's comment though... she's going to be laughing at me pretty hard in the near future. I can just feel it.
I'm laughing and thinking to myself "Oh Luke sounds like so much fun!" but I totally understand. My middle boy is exactly the same. No matter what we do or say or threaten, it doesn't make any difference. He's still crazy and uncontrollable. But we find ourselves laughing at the end of the day. Ha! Glad you guys are doing well with your new home and job.
I love love love the slide show of Ruby. I would love to have pics of James, but I'm on a budget! I wish I had a cousin that took photos!
I love the picture of Ruby waving. It is adorable. Sariah checked out a story from the library and the little girl tries to help or create things that seem totally acceptable to her and her parents get frustrated. Trying to see from their perspective has helped me with messes and various types of accidents this week. Luke's mess reminded me once again.
as I was just checking your blog for another fun post I realized from the sidebar pic that isaacs birthday cupcakes are in the shape of the number five. And yes this is my 3 rd comment on this post.
Don't ya just love boys! That is too funny! But cute at the same time!!! And I have had my mommy moments too! So don't feel bad. About the hair bows. I would love some of those headbands. That is super cheap. I think the cheapest I found them for was like 3 or 4 dollars. Do you make the flowers? Paul says I have enough bows and flowers but you can never have too many right? And then when the get older and actually have hair you can just clip in their hair. So they should last a long time. Let me know!
Post a Comment