I love how little kids think. I love to hear what their little brains come up with. I try to record all the cute and highly intelligent things my kids say, here are a few examples from this month.
Luke's deep thoughts
Luke's deep thoughts
(Luke loves to rhyme, and most of the time he is pretty good)
"Tricker and trick-or-treat rhyme!!"
(his newly discovered "rhyming" words are announced with extreme excitement every time.)
Luke, do you want to go to McDonalds on your birthday?
"No, I want MickeyDonalds to be in my house. First we will go to the city and get the key. Then we will use the key (make key sounds, chachee) and it will make MickeyDonalds shrink a tiny bit and then we will put it in my house and use the key and it will grow. And then we can play on it." (Luke uses Logic almost as much as his imagination)
"Mama, we are bad guys, so we ESCAPE. We escape and travel to the ends of the world. We travel to the ends of the world to get the bag of wisdom. The bag of wisdom is gonna be Ruby. So come on mama, lets go."
"What is the big deal about going #2 in the toilet? I tried it. It is not that great. I think I will just continue to poop in my pants and see how crazy I can make my parents...that is way more fun."
(oKay, so maybe this deep thought is really mommy interpreting Luke)
(this picture is from the park a few days ago. Luke is always complaining about being cold. Here he is taking mittens, socks and shoes off so he can get better traction up the slide. I love this kid!)
Isaac's deep thoughts
"Keep your eyes peeled mommy. But just pretend to peel your eyes, don't really do it."
(After mommy told daddy that you needed to be in bed 'asap', you went in the bathroom to brush your teeth and I could hear you talking to yourself, sounding a little confused.)
"asap?? that is NOT a number."
"Why do we call it babysit? We should call it 'big boy sit' cause what if we babysat a big 10 year old boy?"
You love your baby sister and always talk about how cute she is. You constantly tell me how she is cuter than this and that. The other day you said, "Ruby is cuter than a Chihuahua, right mommy?" I confirmed that yes, she was much cuter than a chihuahua. Then you asked, "Mommy, what is a chihuahua?" You totally crack me up all the time Ike. I will be sad when you grow up and stop saying such cute hilarious things to me.
Ruby's deep thoughts
"And why do I have so many nick names? In the past 2 weeks my brothers have nicknamed me: Anna (courtesy of baby Anna Miller), sweet cheeks, Ruba, Scooby Roo, Scooby Ruby, b.b., bee, and roo. I thought my name was Ruby?"
Look at how much I've grown!
about 1 week old
so big! No wonder I'm so tired.
Emily's deep thoughts
(I am only posting this flattering picture of me because only real people post pictures like this. And I am a real person. A real TIRED person.
"Why did I choose to potty train Luke right now? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?"
"Did I really just blog about that?"
"Is this baby going to wake up one of these days and decide to be a regular fussy baby? Please, oh please--NO!"
"One of these days I'm going to organize my recipes, create a wonderfuly organized maunel of FHE lessons, take a photography class, learn to cook using fresh herbs and vegetables, take a class on world religions, write my life history, invite the neighbors I've been meaning to invite over for the past 6 months over for dinner, learn to cook more than the regular 6 rotating meals, throw away 2 closets full of "I will never use but I think I might need someday" junk, catch up on the book club books, write, call or e-mail my 7 brothers and sisters on a regular basis, read my scriptures regularly, and a million other things I always have on my mind of things I need to do!"
Other thoughts...finish decorating Ruby's room--but here is what we have so far!
Kyle's deep thoughts
(currently sleeping on the chair by the computer) "When is my wife going to get off that computer so we can go to bed?"


15 comments:
I especially like the picture of you and Ruby in the bed. Very good photography...
That post was from Kyle
And this is just a post to make Emily think that this post was wildly popular...
I love deep thoughts. :) I loved reading your families. Your kids are awesome. I love all of Ruby's nicknames. Scooby Roo, etc. Sorry Luke still likes to poop in his pants. Cache does too. The potty must be a VERY scary concept to little kids. I guess they feel safe going in their pants because that's where their poop has always gone. Hmm. Maybe. Do you have my pic? I'm waiting to post it. :) You know all about my visit to the wonderful world of widdisons. It's true. It really is wonderful. :)
ha ha... LOVE this post. I kept thinking, oh, that's totally my favorite (like Luke's #2 comment) and then I'd read another one and think oh, no, THAT one is my favorite (like Isaac's "peeling your eyes" comment)... i can't make up my mind, but your kids are really funny and oh so cute (especially that Scooby Rooby). AND I also think Kyle's 3rd post to make you think this was "wildy popular" was hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh!!
I loved your deep thoughts. Oh do I remember the days when all I really wanted in this life was to have a nap. Love, Mom
love this post.. and love ruby's room! soo cute!
and love the fact that kyle is padding your comments!
so funny....i miss those cute boys (and you, too)
Thanks so much for the stickers, the kids were really excited to get them. You are just way too nice!
I love the deep thoughts...I didn't know that moms were allowed to have deep thoughts. My mind is too frazzled for them.
I love your post! And Ruby is so cute! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow. I really like her hair bows. Where do you get them? I am always looking for fun ones for Hannah! Ruby's room is adorable too! Also you always have such great taste in clothes and was wondering where you were going to get Ruby's Easter dress to match with your boys? Just curious!
I love the way you've decorated Ruby's room. So cute!
And I love these deep thoughts, except that I got a little depressed reading your long list of things you want to do and realizing that mine is so close to identical and I'm nowhere near getting any of them done. (sigh) Someday.
You WIddisons are such awesome bloggers! Good post too. It is so fun to hear what is going on in your heads over there :) We don't see you nearly enough.
I love Ruby's nicknames too. So fun!
go to blurb.com- and it will tell you how to "slurp" your blog, then you can pick and choose what you want to keep and have them print --remember Jen's book too she did a year or so ago? i did most of my blog, but not a few dumb entries, mainly for family history
The boys' deep thoughts made me laugh. So often I wonder why I can't be like everyone else and have all my recipes organized (I have them in the same cupboard, does that count?), do better FHE, be a better studier, etc., etc. And then I realize no one is the person that has it all together.
What a cute idea for a post. It really enlightens me when I get in Raymond's bed and try to see the world from his perspective. And there are a lot of glow stars on the ceiling.
The idea of three kids makes me feel tired, but it is nice to look into your life and see how you do it. You are amazing. I wish I could visit your house again now that you have been there awhile. Is Ruby in the other upstairs room?
Thanks for your comment about my photos. I'm always cringing when I look back, but you have to learn somehow, right?
Post a Comment