The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Friday, May 01, 2009

Lucky me!

I have been lucky enough to have 4 great photographers take pictures of my family within the last 4 months.

Over kill?

Maybe, but they have all been for different occasions and really, when your kids are as cute as mine--can you really pass up a good photo op?

I say, NOPE!

First, my cousin Elizabeth Ashdown took some amazing pictures of Ruby (which have been displayed on the side of my blog in a slide show). I used these photos to make her announcement. I JUST barely sent out these announcements (she is nearly 4 months old--a bit old to "announce"). Please don't feel badly if you didn't get one of these in the mail. I hand made them, and they took a bit more time than I wanted. I pretty much just sent them to family...and not even all of my family (which is nearly impossible considering I have over 100 first cousins (about 90 of them coming from one side alone)). But here is Ruby's sweet announcement, displayed on my blog for all to enjoy!

(front)
(1st page)
(middle and last page)
(close up of middle page)
(back)
Then I had my friend Nicole Baldwin take a few shots of Isaac and Luke for their 3 year old and 5 year old pics (yes I take new pictures of my kids every year). She was awesome and I can't wait to see the other picturs. I will be hiring her to do our family pictures in the future for sure!
Then I had a little mini photo op with my sister, who claimes to have no skills, but she is awesome. Look at these cute matching cousins!

And last, but not least, my good friend Janae took some great pics of our family while we were in AZ for Easter. If you want to see her work or more of our photo op, just click on her link on the side of my blog "Nothing but Love--Family Damily"
Thanks Janae!






17 comments:

Poppy said...

so cute...I'm jealous!

Aubs said...

So very, very, very cute! Love them all. You do have cute kids for sure...how could you not?

Laura F said...

I LOVE your pictures! Your boys are growing up so fast, and Ruby is just beautiful! How can you not just kiss those little cheeks all day long? I also love your post about being a mother... I needed that today because I feel with the impending move and our baby and everything else going on I've abdicated that role a little too much. :-) Glad to hear things are going well there!

JLynn said...

OH, I love your cute family and I love all your cute pictures. I loved visiting your home and seeing all your pretty family pictures everywhere around your house! I'm sure you'll put all of these new ones to good use too. ;) I don't think you can ever have enough pictures of your kids or family. They really are priceless treasures. Your friend Nicole took awesome pictures of the boys! Soooo cute!!

Erin said...

So sweet got to love pictures

Vagabond Mother said...

Since I gave you your dvd so fast, I don't know if you knew that the images are posted at:

http://www.neon-jane.com/Neon_Jane/Photography/Pages/Album_9.html

People won't find anything useful at my blog, unless they click on the www.neon-jane.com link.

Fun pictures and beautiful announcement. Probably the most elaborate baby announcement ever. I hope you only made two.

Jessica said...

with kids that cute indeed! of course you need lots and lots of pictures. ruby's announcement looks beautiful and i LOVE the very last picture of her at the bottom of this post.

Jill said...

LUCKY! Four recent photo shoots? My goodness, all those pictures you've posted are beautiful. Love it! You blog so well & it's so inspiring.

Kelli said...

So, so, SOOOO cute!!! I love the one of you all looking at her and the last one is my favorite. The birth announcement is super cute too. Way to go!

Karena said...

I love the pics, and the announcments are too cute! Send a wow to your second cousin, she does an amazing job!

mad white woman said...

I'm convinced there is no such thing as overkill when it comes to photos.

Mandy said...

Hi Emily,
YES, we are headed to Tempe this coming week. We are very excited for the job and the income and the HEAT! :) Your baby girl is adorable!!!

The Fillmore Family said...

Such cute pictures. Love, Mom

Karena said...

I make my backgrounds in Photoshop Elements then upload them into my Photobucket account. It's not that hard to do...I taught myself everything very recently. It's lots of fun!

Kami Milliron said...

Hey, voting isn't until Thursday. So if you go back to the website on Thursday, her picture will be there. Thanks !

Jean Leavitt said...

Adorable! You weren't kidding, those were some great pictures. It's so neat to see them. When I think of your family, I just picture you and your hubby how you were 7 (yikes!) years ago. You have such a beautiful family now. :) Congrats on everything!

Rindi said...

Ruby is so adorable! We love the announcement!! Kyle, I was just browsing through my yearbook (Emma wanted to see it!) and I saw the note you wrote to me. It starts off, "Hey Hudwoman..." and I was immediately taken back to way back when. It made me miss you!
Love, your best cousin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...