The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Sunday Smorgasblog

Smorgasblog –noun [smawr-guhs-blog]
1. a buffet blog of an assortment of going ons in the Widdison household.
2. a result of procrastinating a plethora of posts.
(consider yourself warned)

I ignored their cries for me to come see their X for awhile. I thought they were speaking nonsense. When I finally got up to see what they were talking about this is what I found. What smart children I have!
Then they tried to make a K.
Luke was disappointed when Isaac went to a birthday party without him. So we decided to have a birthday party for his monkey and monster spike (the two animals to the right of him). Ruby joined in the fun. There are presents in the middle and eventually we broke out the china tea set and had a few fruit snacks and crackers (sorry no cake).Luke is completely pottytrained. Now we just need to work on getting him "put on your pants the right way" trained.
Isaac's preschool is coming to a close. He will miss it so much but he is excited for kindergarten. We had a wacky and wild day for the letter W.Little miss Roo.
Sometimes we are Happy we aren't home owners.
Our lawn blew up like a balloon. This is what we found underneath the green grass.
We sprung a leak!
Rice cereal.
May 2009
Let the messes begin!
Father Son Campout 2009
This was the boys' first campout with their dad. Kyle mentioned that he could take Isaac to the campout if it was okay with me. I said of course--but take Luke too! Kyle was hesitant at first, but he figured out that it was a much needed break that I desperately wanted. Sometimes we we have gone to AZ and Kyle has had to fly back to an empty house for work and he tells me that he misses all the noise and doesn't like an empty house at all.
Well, I do! It was wonderful to have peace and quiet (Ruby is pretty dang peaceful when compared to those two brothers of hers). I was giddy walking up the stairs knowing it was all mine. I was happy to have my boys back, but us girls had a great time!
(note to self: When I tell Kyle he doesn't need to take a ton of pictures, but at least a couple, realize that he will take this literally.)

Mothers day 2009
Another great mother's day.
I love, love, love the moms in my life--especially my mom! I am thankful for my mother in law, my sisters, basically ALL mothers that have shown me love and have been such such great examples to me--so many women out there have helped me to where I am today!)
But since most of those moms are far away, we focused on what was really important--me!:)

I love my little monkeys.
I feel incredibly blessed to be their mom.
This mother's day I was extremely thankful for the health of my children.
It was a great day even though Kyle had to speak in church which left me to get the kids ready for church and sit by myself in Sacrament meeting AND Isaac gave a talk too so we had fun preparing for our talks. Kyle did help me make a yummy meal and got me some fun stuff for my bike.Please no more pictures mommy!
I never listen to whining children.
Just buck up and smile dear!

Total Randomness--
For the most part our neighborhood looks great but there are a few of these lawns laying around. Fortunately, our landlords planted many beautiful plants and flowers and we are so thankful!

Isaac loves playing soccer. Although we still have to remind him not to growl at the other players.
Kyle the coach.
I think Kyle really enjoys helping out with Isaac's soccer team. He was the substitute coach a week ago and Isaac loved it. Luke tried to follow along.
This is where we practice for soccer. Just a couple blocks away from our home.

Absolutely beautiful.
My dad came for Mother's day weekend to visit his mom and to help my brother celebrate his graduation from BYU. We went to the gardens at Thanksgiving point. The flowers were beautiful. Thanks for coming with us Brian and Jill and Congrats to Brian for being the 8th Fillmore child to attend BYU. Go Cougars!My dad can be crazy sometimes. Here he is rolling down the hill with Isaac. Sometimes I need to remind him to act his age--for his own protection! He nearly made it down all the way but had to stop because of extreme dizziness. Isaac loved it! 
These pictures aren't so cute anymore---my mom just informed me that my dad cracked a few ribs rolling down the hill.  It is so like my dad to not tell us when he gets hurt.  Sorry Dad! 

Handsome Isaac with some handsome flowers.
Isaac insisted on taking my picture. Bro. Brian showed me how to do some neat things on my camera.
Luke loves purple. He has a purple bandage on in this picture because we had his blood tested. He just kept getting sick and had some really weird symptoms. Results came back and he is one normal healthy (at least his blood is) little boy.Thanks for a great visit Papa!
And because she is just so adorable.
I am 100% NOT biased.

Ruby hearts her hands.

and we heart Ruby!


Last but not least.
Happy 7 years babe!
7 year itch or 7th heaven?
Only time will tell.:)
I love you Kyle!
(Ruby managed to make it into most of our anniversary celebrations. Her fuzzy head wanted a picture too.)

13 comments:

The Fillmore Family said...

Those were great random pictures. What dad didn't tell you about that roll down the hill was that he cracked his ribs. Sometimes, we forget that our bodies don't work the same way they used too. He is recovering but sore. It is a little sad there are no graduation pictures of Brian. I guess we could fake it but it wouldn't be the same. Love, Mom

Mandy said...

She's an absolute doll, Emily!

Em Russ said...

cute pictures. It was fun to see you guys a few weeks ago. Ruby is even more adorable in person!! (And you need to teach me how to make your baby wrap thing!)

The Kelly Family said...

That post wasn't long enough. I really wanted to see more pictures. I'm not kidding. I was sad when it ended. You guys have been busy! Ruby is so cute! I love her cute little smile! Yeah for Luke being potty trained. I didn't see anything wrong with his pants, aren't they supposed to look like that? Happy Anniversary, happy mothers day, and yeah for soccer season! I think I covered everything.

seven smiles said...

very cute.
did you make ruby's quilt?

i'll never forget once when we were visiting john & mary, jameson was sliding down their stairs feet first, on his tummy and john decided to join in.
half way down we hear some adult moaning and (sorry) crotch grabbing.
yeah, jameson was wearing a padded pull-up.
john, not so much...

and the thought of rolling all the way down that hill makes me want to throw up.
grandpa's so nice.

aelizabethgarner said...

I loved that little white outfit Ruby had on at the end. So cute. However, Eliza only wore it one time because it has to be ironed. Have fun with it, you are a better mom. Package hopefully in the mail today. I'll try and include a suprise for the boys.

Love
Annie

I'm starting to think of starting a blog...i could think for a year though. One are and all.

mad white woman said...

I think one of my favorite things about you is your pictures... not so much how many you take but your creativity. Who can forget your family pictures from last year? And who's going to forget a Mother's Day picture where you are hanging your sweet Ruby upside down. That's awesome. :)

Beka said...

ok, you need to move closer so i can squeeze little Ruby- she is one of the cutest little girls in the whole world--- no joke:)

Jill said...

Love it. I cannot get enough! We love being with you guys. You treat us to so much (Thanksgiving Point gardens was soo fun thank you)!

Your posts are the awesome-est because they bring out fabulous stories. Take for example the one of a grandpa moaning as he went down the stairs with toddler Jameson. Haha. That's a good one!

ps: Anne you SHOULD do a blog... so try to think a little faster so that it doesn't take you a whole year! You don't have to be awesome like some amazing bloggers are (hint...) I'm certainly not!

Stacie Robinson said...

loved the post. Your kids are adorable!

No Big Dill said...

Found you through design mom comments....love your red piano! Very cute family.

Erin said...

what a fun update I love the pictures of Ruby

Kimber & Jeremy! said...

Emily! I haven't been blogging in such a long time. How fun to see you and yours. When did you say you are coming to Denver??? :) I love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...