The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Friday, May 29, 2009

Revolutionary Wednesday # 7--my best yet!

Maybe I was just in a potato and fried chicken mood, but I LOVED this meal. Sure, I've made chicken strips before, but these top them all. Seriously, you MUST try these chicken strips. I did everything pretty much the same, except I didn't have any buttermilk so I made my own. I've heard that this doesn't work that great in some recipes (like maybe ones for dessert) but it worked out great for me in this one. You just take a little less than a cup of milk with 1TB of white vinegar (or lemon juice) and mix it together and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
I LOVE potatoes but Isaac doesn't like them much at all but he loved these! I had to give some of mine to him and didn't want to. These crash hot potatoes were awesome and so easy. I seasoned just like pioneer woman except except I remembered her recipe wrong and used dried thyme instead of rosemary but it did the trick and I think I liked it better than I would have with the rosemary. Apparantly the recipe is from Austrailia. I wonder if all their food is this good? Simple, yet totally satisfying! I will be making this meal again!!
I even did the iceberg lettuce wedge (from the crash hot potatoes picture) to make it look so special. It all tasted really really good!

I do NOT love to cook. However, I am enjoying cooking a little more these days and I get excited to try out a new recipe each week. My recipes range from easy to fairly easy and must taste delicious. Those are my requirements. I think my two most favorite cooking sites are now the pioneer woman and the sister's cafe. Do you have a favorite cooking site you'd like to share?

7 comments:

aelizabethgarner said...

i might actually get the energy up to try this one. Anything fried or that looks like a french fry my kids might eat. Do i get brownie points if i do it with one arm? We'll see if i get up the energy. Don't forget my shift has been damaged by demolition Eliza so punctuation doesn't always cooperate.

Fellars Family said...

I love the pioneer woman too! I will have to try those potatoes, they look really good.

JLynn said...

I love chicken and potatoes. Thanks for sharing. I saw the chicken one on pioneer woman and thought that might be the one you tried. I'll have to give it a whirl real soon, I just bought some fresh chicken.

I like realmomkitchen.blogspot.com. She's got lots of yummy treats on there and some simple dinners I've tried. I rather bake than cook any day. If it goes in the oven, it's always easier for me and always turns out.

Stacie said...

I am such a fan of Pioneer Woman! Everything of her's I've made has been wonderful! And the Sisters' Cafe? I think one of the sisters is in my stake...her recipes were used in a cooking class for stake women's conference. Glad you found some winners! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Funk said...

You should really check out recipe-exchange-group.blogspot.com theose girls are AMAZING! I also like ourbestbites.com.

Aubs said...

I really like this web site. It has yummy looking pictures with all the recipes. Good luck with finding new ones to try.

http://favfamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/

Mary said...

Just made both these recipes tonight and they were a big hit! Thanks for the great recipes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...