Flashback Friday
Summer 2003
These pictures bring back so many memories. Chicago is where many of our beginnings began.
Our first true apartment search as a married couple happened in Chicago (these are the pictures from that adventure).
Our first digital camera got it's flash on in the windy city and liked it. 
This trip to Chicago was actually when I discovered I was pregnant with Isaac (wanted to spend all day in bed). And a nice bed it was! This place was soooo nice (and I say that dripping and oozing with sarcasm).
This is when I found out that Kyle wasn't made of money (just kidding, I already knew that). He really knew how to find a deal on hotels. When we asked for extra towels (because the ones they had given us weren't much thicker than a paper towel and weren't much larger than a hand towel), they came and inspected our bathrooms to make sure we had towels and were very annoyed that we would want more of something that we already had. I explained to the nice [and very short] asian man that we were very tall white people and that the towel was barely big enough to dry off my arm. He huffed but gave us a few more off-white rags.
This is when I found out that Kyle wasn't made of money (just kidding, I already knew that). He really knew how to find a deal on hotels. When we asked for extra towels (because the ones they had given us weren't much thicker than a paper towel and weren't much larger than a hand towel), they came and inspected our bathrooms to make sure we had towels and were very annoyed that we would want more of something that we already had. I explained to the nice [and very short] asian man that we were very tall white people and that the towel was barely big enough to dry off my arm. He huffed but gave us a few more off-white rags.
Kyle started his first REAL job (and his last:) in Chicago.
Chicago is also where I discovered my soul mate--Oberweis Dairy...the best Ice cream in the universe. If Kyle hadn't gotten to me first I would be married to Oberweis...whoever he may be.
It is where we discovered our love for Navy Pier. Pure Tourist love.
Chicago, we miss you!
(but mostly just in pictures;)


4 comments:
Oh come on, and the people right!? :) What a fun flashback... :)
The people was a given. Of course we miss the people!
I can't believe they inspected your bathroom to make sure you really needed more towels. Ha! He might not be made of money, but surely you have a money tree like we do. Right?
When you coming down to play? Or we can come up there again. Or meet in the middle. We need to go out with no kids and just us adults! looks like you guys had fun at your cabin with your fam! That's always nice to get away with family. I was waiting for all the festivities to finish up in july to do my posts. I'm not as good as you at updating I know!! :)
Post a Comment