The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, August 08, 2010

2 week stats

Oliver
2 weeks

Acid reflux is now in full force--he isn't too happy lately. But we got the medicine so he should be better in a couple of days.
Just like the other two boys he is growing a ton. He will lose the newborn look and size very soon:(. He has grown 2 lbs and 2 inches in 2 weeks. I predict by his 2 month he will be in the 90% for everything.

8 lbs 9 oz (50%)
21 1/2 inches long (90%)
head...(50%)

Some people have wondered how curly Ruby's hair is--well, here ya go.
It is really hard to do curly though because they are big loose curls unlike Luke's tighter curls. They flatten out after her nap.

An Isaac View
Isaac borrowed my camera for a while...took about 50 pictures but they didn't all make the cut.

SURVIVING!!
Life with 4 is a little more laid back for me. We stay at home ALL day long...most of the time wearing our pajamas ALL day long. I'm really glad this baby came in the summer when we have absolutely no schedule. No lessons, no school--therefore no need to run around in the car all day. Just super super super long days at home. I can usually make it until about 5 pm--then I cry off and on until Kyle gets home. BUT there is a light at the end of the tunnel--haven't had my cry fest in 4 days--baby blues are almost history! You can see how well Isaac captured our life for the past week by the fact that I am allowing him to wander around with my camera in the first place and that picture in the lower right hand corner pretty much says it all. Laundry baskets to the brim, Ruby in pajamas--wandering around the house opening and closing doors and getting into lots. Oh, and where is mommy? Drying and doing her hair for the first time in 2 weeks. Grooming, parenting, and ignoring at its best!


My Luke

Proof that Luke does love Oliver. He just loves him more when his eyes are open. Luke loves his bat costume and dresses up in it almost daily...it is from 2 halloweens ago. He doesn't care that it doesn't fit him. I can't wait until Old Navy gets their costumes out again so he can have a little more variety in his closet. Luke thought Oliver's nursery needed a little cheering up--so he made some pictures for the wall. Thanks Luke, now I don't have to worry about decorating. I love Luke's nick names for Oliver--they are so cute coming out of his mouth and just the right moments...hey little dude, hey Ollie EAT your food already!!

7 comments:

mad white woman said...

I have to be honest - every time you put up posts like this, I assume you're being dramatic. You have always made parenting seem so easy and your such a natural at this whole motherhood. I don't really believe you when you imply that you get frustrated, etc, 'cause you're a pretty awesome mom.

seven smiles said...

Ruby's hair is adorable.
I love Oliver's "celebratory" picture. (hands up) :)
5:00pm is the most evil hour of the day.
.....waiting for daddy is the worst. You feel like you.can.almost.make.it.
but not.

hang in there. I feel ya and know what you're going through.

(hope your reflux meds work. NOTHING worked on Jameson. Nothing. It sucked.)

xo

kim said...

Good for you for letting it all go. I worry about the moms that insist on going right back to life as usual right after a baby. This is your chance to stay in pj's and not feel guilty.

Good luck with the reflux meds--have you had to use it with your other kids? Both mine took stuff for awhile, but it never seemed to help with Abe.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Oh, acid reflux stinks! I had two with it and there were times I felt I might not survive. I found that cutting dairy helped Aubrey's. Don't feel bad about PJ's all day, they're standard uniform for new mothers. :)

M. Wright said...

Oliver is so cute! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets the baby blues and has super long days. ANd you make me wonder if I want to have my next baby during the summer? Hmmmm? maybe 2012 ;)

Patti said...

Congratulations! I can already relate to your 'surviving' post. Can't imagine how it will be when I get to the 4 mark in a couple of months. You're awesome and your kids are adorable. Just thought you should know.

Karie said...

Wow, I can't imagine how busy and tired you must be. Good work, though! You're doing great. And Oliver is super cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...