The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

highs and lows

Highs and Lows are easy to come by...but lately there have been way too many lows around here

Broken toe (me), unexplainable hurt right hand (m), Pneumonia (Isaac), Sinus infection and possible pneumonia (Kyle). Too many baskets of laundry (dang it! And there are more behind that closed door!).

Kyle still has a Lame job (and we try to remember to be thankful he HAS a job but really, it is a HORRIBLE work environment). AND I think it might snow any day now--which to me is a LOW.

I broke my toe at enrichment...just hit it on a leg of a chair, HARD. Almost blacked out and almost puked but managed to slip out before anyone noticed. It is not as mangled as the one I broke last year, thankfully! I think it is hard being a mom---but it HARDER when you are an injured mom. I see no light at the end of the tunnel today. My hand has hurt for 2 months and I just slapped that brace on from Walgreens and it seems to be getting worse not better. Now the other one is hurting. Venting, venting, venting....
I wonder how single moms and moms that have serious injuries or illnesses do it! Or how my sisters who have MORE kids than me do it? And Annie--how do YOU do it with your shoulder??

I am self diagnosing my self with mother-bipolarism.
Thoughts during the day...

10 am: Wow, look at me, the kids and I are ready for the day, Oliver hasn't puked on me yet, I'm super mom with all this quality time I am giving to my kids and my house is clean! LIFE is great!

4 pm: Why do I even have kids?

Some TIMES of the day I like my job and want my kids and other times I just want lose them somewhere.


These would be examples of the high times.
Glimmers of hope.
Happy times.
When I ALMOST forget how bad my hand hurts.



right now my only medication is chocolate and kissing Oliver's cheeks.
it helps me ignore everything else.

12 comments:

Em Russ said...

totally awesome post! I know exactly what you mean about highs and lows. And I definitely want to lose my kids at least once (or 10 times) every day. I keep trying to remind myself that "I'm going to miss this stage" but then what I really think is "yeah, but I'm going to block this part out of my memory and forget it!!"

AND... my wrist hurt totally bad when Abby & Zack were babies. I even wore a brace like you've got. (It didn't help). I finally figured out that however I was carrying/holding them was straining my wrist. Seriously though... how do you stop holding them? Might not be what you have, but I feel fine now and might not even have remembered it without your post!

hang in there!!

Poppy said...

Just send them all to my house for a little while. I have bad wrists and after many years found out that I had ganglion cysts in them. They were always aggravated when I had babies because of the way that I held them. Get it checked by a Dr. I got mine drained and it made it feel better! Hang in there awesome mom!

Becky J. said...

I wish I couldn't empathize, but this is me just about every single day right now. I'm so sorry you broke your toe and that your hands are hurting! You need to stop self-medicating and find out what's really wrong with them, especially if it's more than one hurting! There are so many times during the day that I literally want to lose my children, too, and I always think during those moments that I should just be so grateful for them and the time we have to spend together, but I just can't. I would rather be miserable about how hard it is to be a mom. And just so you know, I think you're super mom, and just being able to admit that you're having a rough time is good for something. (I don't know what yet, but I'll let you know if I ever figure it out.) Hang in there! You're amazing and it will all be okay!

Anne said...

So sorry about your hand. Call Parker and see if you can diagnose you. I hope it gets better. Call me to talk and vent. Remember the good times and stop being super mom. Remember survival mode is okay. (That's what I am in.) Car seats are brutal on arms and hands too.

Kristie said...

You are a super mom, I remember thinking that when we lived close, and you did everything!
I got carpal tunnel when I was pregnant, and it took forever to go away. I also wore a brace, and noticed that it seemed to take forever to feel better. But I have also been watching little kiddos lately, and have noticed that my hands hurt and fall asleep when I hold them wrong. Good luck, hope it goes away quickly.

Ashley Funk said...

Sorry about your woes - it sounds like quite a downer around your place (although I trust you're laughing through it all)! I can totally relate to the 10am/4pm feelings! Raising kids is crazy and wonderful, isn't it?

seven smiles said...

:(



My wrist was messed up pretty badly during my baby wrangling/baby gear-wrangling days. When I could I had uncle R adjust it, which wasn't very often but it did help. It would get so bad that I wouldn't be able to pick up a gallon of milk or turn a door knob. I didn't think it would heal or ever get any better--but eventually it did. Not 100%, but better.]

I'm sooooo sorry you are having so many lows right now.

I was in survival mode for many, many, many years. You are doing a better job than I did.

I wish I could come over tomorrow and we'd go get lunch somewhere yummy and then I would hold your spit-up baby {because I'm a pro at that} and I would play with little Ruby while you took a nap, and then my boys would come over and entertain Isaac and Luke. I always wondered what it would be like to have a sister nearby when I was going through what you're going through now.

This might just be the longest comment I have ever left you. :p

xo

Stacie said...

Oh my goodness, your life is busy! I've got two kids now...should I just stop? Because really, I don't know how I would manage. You are awesome simply for the fact that your children are fed, clean, happy, and you even have pictures of them and a blog post written. Way to go! Hang in there....

jandbfillmore said...

Bummer Em! I too wish we could be there to help. you're really good at "fake it til you make it" even on blogposts, but remember you don't have to wear the supermom cape and mask right now. Oh, too many lows and snows!

Thank goodness for Oliver's cheeks.

summer said...

ouch! I broke my toe 3 weeks ago...walked into a stool, and afterward my baby toe was pointing the wall and the other 4 toes were still pointing forward. A friend re-located it....and that was super painful, but then silly me has stubbed it 3 times since then. Did you go and get your toe checked? I never did go in to the hospital, I wonder if I should...it still hurts a lot and is super swollen.

Anyway...sorry about ramblings of the toe history - but I feel your pain. I had no idea how hurting something so small, could be such a huge deal!

Good luck in all you are doing...you really do an amazing job, and I don't know of any mom that particularly loves that 4pm hour. With a newborn, it must be even more a challenge.

p.s. how do you have a red piano? I love it!

The Fillmore Family said...

Oh, Oh, Oh, I feel like I must have put a broken toe curse on you because i broke mine so many times. It is so hard. I wish I could help you. We mothers do know about survival mom--parent overload, hanging by our fingernails, etc. I love you. I really owe you some time when I get home in 12 months. Love, Mom

Monique said...

This all sounds like TOO much!

What's in the air that people are getting pneumonia? (Thank goodness Oliver is looking happy and healthy.)

And why are your bones breaking and aching?

You need a vacation. Doctor's orders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...