The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Happy Holiday bucket of blog posts!

Happy Thanksgiving a while back...
We had fun in Hooper with Kyle's family. Grandpa Widdison does a smoked Turkey and it is oh so DELICIOUS!!
Oliver is growing.
Here he is, a big 5 months old!
Too big for his cute cradle but never too big for big smoocharoos from his mama!
Signs of Christmas.
The Christmas train kept the kids busy and Oliver enjoyed it too!
We had a couple of friends over to make gingerbread houses and sugared ourselves out! We adopted a tradition a few years ago to wrap 24 Christmas books and read one under the tree each night before Christmas. The kids love to do it. Luke was a cute little reindeer for his Christmas program and did a great job! Grandma Widdison out did herself again, and made pajamas for the kids. Thanks Grandma W.!


G & G Fillmore sent the kids Christmas ornaments and Guatemalan worry dolls from Guatemala. The kids were so excited. They slept with them and then brought them up the next morning for breakfast:)

We had a great Bingo Christmas party in Hooper and the kids got to join in this year (usually it is just the adults but I think we are slowly phasing us out). Here are all the Widdison crazy cousins!
We had a great visit with Kyle's grandma. She is an amazing woman! She is so fun to talk with. She has a photographic memory!!
Of course we can't have winter without sledding and snow ball fights!


Poor Oliver fell asleep on the 2 minute drive up the hill. He stayed nice and warm in the car while we played in the snow.
Kyle is very proud of this picture. Our Fire breathing Ruby!!
(that is the Christmas tree in the background)
Ho Ho Ho
Merry Christmas
Our Little baby Santas all in a row!

Luke, Ruby, Isaac, and Oliver
(first three are between 9-12 months--Oliver is only 5 months)

Here we are on Christmas Eve. We opened our Christmas Eve pajamas (you can never have too many p.j.s!) and then Kyle read the Christmas story and helped the kids act out the nativity. Then we read a story from Grandma and Grandpa Fillmore and then we watched a movie together. It was a great night! (I say night because the day was awful...the kids fought ALL DAY LONG!)

The day after Christmas we drove to Arizona. I still haven't downloaded Christmas day pics and our trip to Arizona yet. Maybe I'll get to that soon:)

Our GREAT news this month:
Kyle got a job working with the LDS church. It is a contract finance position. That is pretty much all I can tell you. Because if I told you what he really did, I'd have to kill you. That, or I don't really know what he is going to do, and therefore, can't tell you! He also flew to New York City last week and interviewed with Manhattan Gmat and got offered a job with them as well!! He has always wanted to teach and this will be a great start. After his training is complete in about 2 months, he will start teaching classes and tutoring a couple nights a week and on Saturdays, to students who are preparing to take the GMAT (a Graduate management admissions test). And on top of those two jobs, Kyle is also still working from home for his company BlackLedger...which is actually paying him now:) He will be busy, but we feel extremely blessed. Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes!!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Go blogger Go. Thanks for all the updates. It was so fun to visit and see them all. We miss you.

mad white woman said...

This post sure covered a lot of ground! Your kids are cute, and look really similar in the Santa outfit. Yay! for Kyle's new job(s) and opportunities. That's pretty awesome. Thanks for taking time to stop by. It was fun to see you - maybe next time we'll have more time to visit.

The Fillmore Family said...

Hey, great blog. I loved catching up. I haven't written anything on mine since Christmas. I have a lot to tell about. If I ever really get well, I will get busy. After having the flue in Maryland and on the way home, I caught a nasty cold. I'm sure that is my quota for the year. Keep up the good work. You are doing great. Love, Mom
achoo!But my sneezes aren't quite as funny as yours. No one sneezes like you!

larainydays said...

I loved the pictures and am so glad Kyle found a job, it sounds wonderful. I'm sorry I missed you in Arizona.

Becky J. said...

Yay for the new jobs! That's such great news. And I love the 4 pics of the kids in the same Santa suit. Adorable! You're so good about documenting each of them in the same things for comparison or getting a picture next to the bear each month. I'm lucky if I get a picture of this baby at all!

heather said...

dang it I'm too late... I was thinking about Kyle this morning and that he would probably be a really good fit for this business development position at Adobe. Oh well... if he decides he is still looking let me know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...