

I found this through a friend's blog. It thought it is a great idea and something I am definitely going to try. Visit this website http://laragallagher.com/blog/labels/Smart%20Habit%20Saturday.html if you want to see more about it (you can even sign up to be a link with everyone else who is doing it--I chose not to, that is too much pressure!:) Basically, it is just choosing something SMALL to work on and improve in your life each week. Such as going to bed on time or flossing your teeth each night. Every week you just add another one or add it when you finally have the first one down. Anyways, I LOVED LOVED LOVED Sister Beck's talk (http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,49-1-775-27,00.html) this past conference. I have been praying for a talk like hers ever since I became a mother. I fully expected to get a "mother" talk the first conference after I had Isaac but it didn't happen! Sister Beck's talk was well worth the wait. She totally motivated me and made me feel all pumped up to do everything in my life better, especially being a mother, but where to start?? I think anyone who is trying at all is doing a great job, but we can all do better, right? I think all of us are always trying to do better and be a better person and I think starting small is a great way to begin. Sorry, I don't know how to do the special links on my own, you will have to copy and paste if you want to check this out!:)


5 comments:
I loved sis. becks talk too...its about time we women got a talk that told us to shape up! I need those kinds of talks to get me motivated. The men get those talks everytime and women just get mushy feel-good stuff! So yea! for Sis Beck.
Hey, thanks for you comment. Your blog is very fun. I may have to use some of the links on your post for my blog. :) I loved Sis. Beck's talk as well and it motivated me too, something I really needed because I am very unmotivated right now. Anyhow, your boys are so cute! I can't believe it was 4 and some years ago that we were in social work classes and you were almost pregnant with your first! Time flies.
Thanks for sharing this! you're such a gem, Em! ;)
Emily I love you!
I accidently posted my comment before I was done. Hey, did I know you were in social work??? I was in social work too. You are awesome. I loved conference. I am so happy I get to know you. :)
Post a Comment