The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The death of three goldfish

4 little fishies, swimming all around
One drank some tea and then there were three
3 little fishies, swimming all around
One sneezed, "ahh-choo" and then there were two
2 little fishies swimming all around
One said, "I'm done" and then there was one
One little fishy, swimming all alone
Ya, well, we'll see how long...

Everyone kept telling me "good luck!" because they could never keep their goldfish alive. Well, I was out to prove them wrong! I think I put too much "anti chlorine" stuff in...or maybe they just didn't like me...

I told Isaac 3 fish went to fish heaven and he said,
"Oh, well, thats okay, we'll just have to get new ones. Oh, but fish die, maybe next time we should get a puppy dog." Smart kid.
I mentioned that maybe we should put them down the toilet to go to fish heaven...he didn't think it was a very good idea. I left the room with fish bowl in hand and when I returned he asked me where the 3 dead fish were. I told him fish heaven and he said, "I know how they get there. They dig and dig and dig through the colored rocks and that is how they get to heaven."

I'll tell him about the toilet express when he is a little older.

Some of you asked what we named the fish. Isaac named his Banjo (dead). I named mine Poppy (dead). Luke named his Nemo (dead). We named the daddy one Guppy (alive but not for long:).

10 comments:

mad white woman said...

i'm sorry, but HA! what a funny little story. when my cousin's fish died, she didn't tell her girl, she just told her they were hiding in the rocks and that's why it wasn't fishing around. oh i can't wait!

The Kelly Family said...

Ah, poor fishies. We had a hard time keeping our goldfish alive, too. After going through like 6, we got a beta fish. Those things are hard to kill. We went out of town for 3 weeks and came back and it was still alive. But, I don't recommend putting the mommy, daddy, and baby beta fishies all in the same bowl.

Kami Milliron said...

Um seriously, who hasn't had a gold fish die ?! I remember having a memorial service in my Mom's backyard when my niece's gerbal died. She fed him a fruit snack and well .. you know the rest !

But I am very sorry for your loss : )

Becky J. said...

Sad! How does Poppy like the fact that she's dead?! "The toilet express"--funny!

Rindi said...

Hi guys!! Such a cute blog! I love seeing how cute and grown up your kids are! As Thanksgiving approaches, I have been thinking of that Thanksgiving we spent together (both of us pregnant, ugh!). Thanks for driving to be with us, so we didn't have to be alone!! We miss you guys! I'm glad to hear that everything is going well...Love, Rindi

Porter Family said...

Ha! I love it! We've never got a fish but I'm sure yours lasted a lot longer then ours would.

the waites said...

Oh thats so sad! What a cute story.
I know I always say it, but really they are the cutest boys!

Cranberryfries said...

I was going to ask you about that because I saw their bowl outside today. Glad he's taking it so well!

JLynn said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of the goldfish. :( Hope Isaac is taking the loss of his first pet okay. The toilet bowl is the tunnel to goldfish heaven. :)

Nat said...

Hey, so sad about your goldfish! We have a family party on the 8th, so I thought we said the 14th would be best, that's friday right? That's good for us, I think we will just plan on that and check on the tickets saturday after the play. Where are you guys eating on saturday? I'm not sure yet what we're doing for dinner, but let me know what you guys are doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...