I already have my two front teeth, what I really need now are new gums!
This is a picture of Isaac's injury. He is very good at falling down and does it all the time without major injury, but not this time. He slipped on the stairs and this is what happened. We are off to see an oral surgeon tomorrow (on BYU health care I might add!) If you can't tell just by looking at this picture, his gum line is completely pushed up. Do you see where the gums are in between his teeth? Well, the gum line is supposed to start right above that...oooh, ouch! Good thing my good friend and neighbor Poppy was around, I usually have a pretty strong stomach, but there is something about it when it is actually your own kid that is injured. She was awesome! We all have a Christmas wish-- to have his cute smile back soon!
Our family seems to have problems with injuring their mouths. This summer Luke got 4 stitches in his lip after using a vacuum cleaner attachment as a trumpet and then falling on it. His lip was almost cut completely through.
We hope that Isaac's injury heals as well as Luke's did. Look at him now, you can't even see the scar!


15 comments:
That is horrible! I hope everything goes well for the healing process. Good luck!
OUCH!! Poor Isaac! That looks like it hurts so bad. I hope all goes well at the oral surgeons, keep us posted!
oh, man!! That looks like it hurts bad! Good luck Mr. Isaac!
Oh my gosh! Poor little guy!!
Oh, Emily, that looks so sad! I have to tell you that when I first saw the picture I thought it was a plug for helping children in underdeveloped countries who need good oral care to get help! Then I realized that was Isaac's mouth and about lost my lunch. I'm glad Poppy has a strong stomach, cuz if I'd have been there I don't think I'd have been much help. Hope he gets better soon!
Ouch, that looks painful. I hope everything goes well and that he gets better soon. Just think - in a few years Tyler will be a Dentist and then you can bring your kids to him : )
I am so sorry. That is no fun and so crazy that happened. He must of fell really hard. I hope they can do something for his sweet little mouth! And the pain for sure!
Ok- so I got some Zantac for Remi today and I am going to start him on it but I was just wondering how long it took for Luke's medicine to work for him. I know that everyone is different, but I was just curious to see how long it took to work for others.
What a great neighbor you have!
aghh em, that looks SO PAINFUL! poor guy! geeze i hope he's not in too much pain! ice packs??? yeah, make sure to post us an update! i can't stomach much of anything, so i completely understand and agree it's got to be the WORST to see your own child banged up like that! i hope Isaac is okay!!!
Something very similar happened to my Julia...and after taking her to a surgeon at the hospital (who thought she would heal okay and that her teeth would be fine) we were on our way. She is totally fine now, and only I can notice the slightly bulging gums right there. But, her teeth are fine! I hope you have a similar outcome...but ouchie!!
Ooooooooooh, owie!!!!! I hope he's all healed up soon!
I need party details, please! smileygirl0413@hotmail.com
oh my gosh, poor kid. you can see part of his root!! what did the OS say?
Kids heal all to fast I hope that is an injury that will heal for you otherwise he will have beautiful BIG teeth :)
Post a Comment