
This is my first ever blog post. Let me pause to cherish the moment...
So this was a very interesting competition. At first, it looked like Puerto Rico would win by a landslide, but then Park City started to get traction. I was really looking forward to more comments to see if Park City's momentum could take over Puerto Rico, but unfortunately Emily couldn't help but add posts to the blog which essentially shut off all comments for the trip post.
So here are the results, and it looks like Puerto Rico is the winner:
12 say go to Puerto Rico
9 say go to Park City
So, it looks like we are headed off to Puerto Rico...except Emily said the decision was up to me and I don't have to listen to what anybody says! The freedom! So, we are not going to Puerto Rico just because more people thought we should go there. Plus, when I started looking at hotels, the only one available on cheaphotels.com was the one above (rental car included). So, we're off to an exotic Park City vacation that will keep us close to the kiddies, may save a bit of coin, and prevent our fledgling business from collapsing in my absence (which would certainly happen). The Puerto Rico trip is still first on the list of truly exotic vacations, but we'll delay it until we can afford to eat as least 2 meals per day. Plus our babysitters (who aren't really on the most wanted list in Arkansas although we probably should run a full background check) have already offered their services when we go on our six week trip to PR!
Thanks to all who posted. It was an exciting ride...


14 comments:
Kyle, you make me laugh as always! I hope this is just the first of may posts from you!
Kyle will be so disappointed if his post only gets one comment. So here is a 2nd...great job on deciding honey, and great post! :)
Kyle! You are so awesome...Gavin and I had a huge laugh. And we are stoked you're going to Park City. Now you can go to California later this year and you don't have to abandon work. It's posts like that that make us miss living close to you guys!
Kyle, not bad for a first timer!!! I can't believe you would pass up a five star hotel like that! And come on, to cruise around in a car like that is once in a lifetime! you fool for choosing park city. Ha Ha Ha, just kidding, glad you were on the logical wave length that Emily and I were on.
And what's this about 6 weeks! Now that wasn't mentioned when the services for the best babysitters in the world was offered! But you know what, your kids are so darn cute, we'll take 'em for 6 weeks! Just know that we expect full payment in the form of another fun trip to the beach house someday! :) Well, I think I've taken up enough of you comment space, I wouldn't want you to run out of room for all those other commenters you will get from your first post, so, until next time!
Later!
kyle, you can now add "Blogger" to your resume. :) Have fun in Park City!
Hey long lost friends!
Remember Eve and Craig?
I would have voted for Puerto Rico but we are in the same dilemma with money, business to run, etc. so I completely understand.
Do you guys want to come to Lehi for dinner anytime soon?
Eve
www.gladimknottfamily.blogspot.com
Emily-
Email me and I will give you my phone number. eve.knott@gmail.com. You should look at our townhome here. There are a few left and they have plenty of room to grow (but still affordable). We love it here..we actually bought two because we liked the community so much and wanted to stay and grow with it.
Talk to you soon!
Either way you get to take a trip together, alone! Oh I need me a vacation soon! Have a great time!
good decision!
And Emily I noticed your comment on Aprils blog about making it cute...
for free you can find a background on
pysam.com or
cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com
Have fun!
Emily- shabby princess has cute free downloads. You take the url codes and stick them in the html. My friends use photo shop for their headers, I don't have it buy Microsoft Publisher worked okay. I can help you when you come down. Kyle congratulations on graduating and a funny first post!
OH it is so fun to catch up on your fun family!
Happy belated birthday to cutie-pie Luke!
Emily you are the cutest Easter Bunny ever! I once wore a Clown costume to a primary activity when Sam was little. He wouldn't come to me at all. But clowns are freakier than bunnies I think.
I would have voted for PR but I you are wise to go with PC. Hope you guys are a fantastic time. You deserve it.
Great post Kyle.
Doh!
OK, fine.
But if you keep putting off these magical moments they'll never happen.
As for being close to the kiddies, what's the big hang up?
I don't have any of my own, but I'd like to follow in my parents' footsteps and either take them with or drop them off and not look back!
that was a little confusing but from what I gathered, you are off to park city! I used to live there so I can give the inside scoop. the stores we were most successful at were aeropostale and old navy.
have so much fun
Post a Comment