The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April Fools--the best day EVER!


snow scraper: 5 dollars
car insurance: 600 dollars
look on Kyle's face: PRICELESS
(sorry no picture of his face...I wasn't that prepared)

I have been wanting to pull this prank on Kyle for years. Last night around 7pm I decided that this year was going to be it! Thanks to a wonderful neighbor named Barry, I pulled it off. This morning when Kyle kissed me good bye for work I almost thought of telling him out of guilt...but quickly changed my mind. After going out side for a brief moment I heard him come back and yell, "honey, I have no car." His voice was a tad bit panicky so I raced to the scene (fearing he might actually call the cops or insurance company). I let the feeling of hopelessness sink in for about a minute and then yelled "April Fools" and gave him a big hug. He was still clueless as I explained what I had done. He asked, "But why THIS day?" Um, cause it is April 1st! He had to look at his watch for the date and FINALLY understood.

Kyle knows he is so lucky to be married to such a sweet, loving, and HILARIOUS wife.

Really, it made his walk down the street and around the corner in the falling snow worth it.

I love you babe!!

I was relieved that he actually found the car and that Barry didn't try to pull a double April Fools joke on ME!

(Kyle told me after the prank that he was about to call the insurance company:)

10 comments:

Kyle said...

You got me good - no doubt about it.

seven smiles said...

nice!

Kami Milliron said...

Holy heck, that is so funny ! Good job : )

Karena said...

That's awesome! I don't think I can top that.

JLynn said...

you're crazy! :D definitely HILARIOUS! .... but really scary when your car is actually stolen!

Unknown said...

That's a good one - I'll have to remember it for next year!

Becky J. said...

Oooh, that was good! Too bad Joseph also reads your blog and I can't use it on him. Maybe next year when he's forgotten. I love April Fool's Day!

Lisa said...

Good one! Oh and just so you know...THANKS so much for all the info! I seriously ran to the fabric store the next day and it works like a champ!

Poppy said...

Too funny! I'll have to try that one on Danny next year!

mad white woman said...

Awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...