The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Revolutionary Wednesday #2 and Roo at 3mo.

In the Kitchen with Cafe Rio.
Yummy sweet pork burritos!
I have been searching the internet for a few days now for just the right recipe and I think I've found it. I have tried the cafe rio sweet pork recipe with just brown sugar and salsa but this one is much, much better. Hope you like it if you try it!
Here is where I found the recipes for the cilantro lime rice, black beans, and sweet pork.
The only thing I did differently was not put corn in the black beans like she suggested (but I did put a dash of chili powder). I also did a little bit less tomato juice in the black beans. When I cooked the pork the first time I added about a 1/2 TBS of garlic (I saw this in another sweet pork cafe rio knock off recipe). Also, I only used about one pound of pork so I just did a little bit less of everything she called for since I wasn't quite sure how much pork I actually had. oh, and I did my rice in a rice cooker:). And maybe just a tad bit more brown sugar in the pork(as much or as little as you'd like for the sweetness). It was all soooo yummy!

I have been searching for the mild green enchilada sauce that they use but I can't find a copy cat recipe anywhere on the internet. This is the only suggestion that I found so I will try it next time:

-green salsa that has tomatillos and serano peppers in the ingredients tastes just like the Cafe Rio mild sauce-


I really think the key ingredients here are the red enchilada sauce and the coke...really really tastes just like cafe rio...but make sure you follow her directions exactly!! DRAIN when she says DRAIN!


Next time I'm going to try homemade tortillas. I've been told I have a great recipe (from people that I keep giving it to, even though I've never used it!)

But right now...

I'm patting myself on the back right now that I've actually done 2 R.W.'s in a row!

It was absolutely DELICIOUS!
Just like this yummy little baby...3 months old already!
our cute little Roo

12 comments:

JLynn said...

I was looking forward to your RW! I'll have to try your pork recipe! Anna gave me a recipe a couple years ago that we just love and I've given it to a few CO friends that love it as well. I use Chicken, because that's my fave! Here you go! & Ruby Roo is soooo CUTE! :)

Put it in your crock pot.
10-12 chicken tenderloins (frozen)
1 1/2 cans Coke = 18 oz.
1 cup Sugar
7 oz. can Adobo sauce w/ Chipotle peppers (i remove some of the peppers cause they are HOT, & you can find it at wally world)
1 tsp. ground dry mustard
1 heaping tsp. cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic
Cook High 4-6 hours & shred. i serve it with a slotted spoon cause there's lots of juice & serve with rice, black beans, tortillas, cheese, lettuce, etc.! Let me know if you try this one too!

kim said...

She is so insanely cute! that's one of the best baby smiles I've seen in awhile. It almost makes me want another one :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for the post for the cafe rio knock off.
Your little girl is ADORABLE:)

Lisa said...

question?? How did you get your blog list to show the most updated post that people made to their blog???

Lisa said...

Yes it was me. Thanks for the help :)

Karena said...

I love that last one of Ruby! So sweet.

Aubs said...

I love that you have been taking pictures of Ruby by her little bear as she grows. What a cute idea. You are so smart. Wish I would have thought of that. So cute.

Mike and Kari said...

Talk about your revolution! That's quite the meal to make! Good job :) Ruby is adorable

Vagabond Mother said...

I am liking the RW. How amazing are you. Plus, you have three kids and they are all so cute.

Ruby is growing up fast.

Jill Hunt said...

That looks yummy! And Ruby is so cute and getting so big!!! Thanks for the bows! Your the best!

The Kelly Family said...

Thanks for the cafe rio recipe. I'm loving your revolutionary wed. Keep the recipes coming. And Ruby has the cutest smile. She's adorable!

jandbfillmore said...

Your Revolutionary Wednesday recipes sound awesome, but that's probably because you are so amazing!

Ruby Roo, we think you're too cute!! Have so much fun this coming week :) Love you guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...