The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, April 23, 2009

R.W. #4--quesadilla night!

Knock it off and make yourself a Dang Quesadilla!!
(I learned how to spell quesadilla from Nepoleon's Grandmother )

I took a spring break from my Revolutionary Wednesday while I was in AZ but I am back now! This one is an easy one, especially because I cheated and just bought the mango salsa at Costco. I priced the items I would need to make it at home and WOW it was expensive. Plus, I don't know how to pick out a good mango--never bought one before. So, I'll try the homemade mango salsa another time. (fyi--They have a good mango salsa at Baja Fresh.)

BBQ chicken quesadillas with tropical salsa

I decided to go ALL out and make these as well
(Recipe and directions from my sis-in-law--thanks Kari!)
Beef and Cheese Quesadillas

2 lbs. ground beef
1 finely chopped white onion (you can use your food processor)
1 jar (24oz.) salsa. My favorite for this recipe is Sam's choice, Walmart brand, mild southwest blackbean and white corn, but you can use what ever you want.
2 cups shredded colby-jack cheese or cheddar
10-12 flour tortillas.

Brown ground beef with onion. Drain. Mix in salsa and cheese. At this point I put half of it in a freezer bag for another night. I spread my tortillas out on bar. Put an equal amount of meat mixture on edge of each tortilla. (This way I don't run out of meat mixture on the last tortillas) Loosely roll up each tortilla and place seam side down in greased casserole dish. Spray tops with cooking spray to help them brown. Bake 10-15 minutes at 450ยบ or until warmed through. Serve with Mexican sides like salsa, sour cream, lettuce, cheese and/or guacamole. Of course, my kids just squirt ketchup on 'em and eat 'em up. They go well with salad and/or spanish rice.

Kyle and I both enjoyed these yummy quesadillas. Because we like chicken better, we preferred the BBQ chicken ones. The only thing I did differently is cook the meat with big onions for the flavor and then took out the onions since I am not an onion fan. Also, I cooked the beef and chicken quesadillas the same way--loosely wrapped up, sprayed with non-stick, heated in oven at 450--makes them a bit crispy and yummy and EASY because I could prepare everything before dinner time and then throw them in the oven!

Just a few pics so my post isn't so boring...
These are some pictures from our last Ray cousin par-tay!

Ruby has some cute 1st and 2nd cousins!We celebrated Brett Archibalds b-day
We brought some legos to keep Isaac and Luke busy...and apparently this eligible and handsome bachelor as well!
Thanks Brian and Jill for hosting.
We missed those who couldn't make it and hope to see you next time!


6 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm a little nervous to write anything because you quoted me last time on the side of your blog.

But I will say this, your dinner sounds great and your party looked fine. I can't believe how many people you are related to. We are related to a fair amount ourselves, but the most exciting part is the possibility that Andrew's dad fathered even more children that no one ever knew of. And that's family.

tiffany knox said...

I havent blogged much lately. ruby looks more like a widdison now. she is precious! in a few weeks I am ready to get together for a play date for sure!

April-Benjamin said...

fun party- way to go on sticking w/ your new recipe Wednesdays!

Natalie Hall said...

Yummy!!!

Emily, you are so wonderful about trying to keep the family close, I adore you!!!!!!

Sidney said...

I KNOW your Mom doesn't eat onions so what is this a family gene? Thanks for keeping the family together in Utah!Recipe looks yummy I think I'll try it, maybe even with onions.

Nanda said...

I can't believe how big your boys have gotten! Ruby is absolutely precious!
I'll have to give this recipe a try. I love mango salsa.

Oh, and I'm due in September and we'll find out what we're having next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...