Pine, Arizona
April 2009
I usually enjoy Pine. My dad has built a really great cabin for us all to enjoy. The air is crisp and I especially enjoy the swaying of the trees in the wind. However, this trip was just not that great. It was our fault for trying a very STUPID thing. We decided around midnight on Thursday that since we weren't sleeping anyways (Luke was sick) that we would jump in the car and start on our trek to AZ. The kids would just sleep in the car.
It would be a peaceful drive.
Or not sleep in the car, which is what they chose to do.
So, 4 sleep deprived individuals (Ruby did sleep) arrived in Pine around 10 am. At first, the kids were very excited to be outdoors on such a beautiful mountain of trees. But eventually, the sleep deprivation got to them and they turned into little monsters. Then mommy turned into a bigger monster and threatened spakings unless both boys jumped into bed and took a nap. They were sound asleep within minutes with their tear streaked faces.
Then we all took naps and woke up happy.
Actually Luke still had a horrible ear infection and we were all still tired. And it was cold. And the fire that Grandpa made for Luke to be warm was a bad idea, according to Luke. He kept saying, "I don't want fire in my eyes, turn it off!" And then, "I just want to go home." why? "Because I'm so cold."
So, we lied and told him after we drove to Grandma's house and said hello we could get back in the car and drive home.
So we drove to Grandma's house and said goodbye to cold Pine.
Luke decided it was warm enough at Grandma's house so he decided that we could stay a while.
And we decided lying to your kids really isn't that bad of a thing.
Happy Pine Pictures before the sleep deprivation took it's toll.
It would be a peaceful drive.
Or not sleep in the car, which is what they chose to do.
So, 4 sleep deprived individuals (Ruby did sleep) arrived in Pine around 10 am. At first, the kids were very excited to be outdoors on such a beautiful mountain of trees. But eventually, the sleep deprivation got to them and they turned into little monsters. Then mommy turned into a bigger monster and threatened spakings unless both boys jumped into bed and took a nap. They were sound asleep within minutes with their tear streaked faces.
Then we all took naps and woke up happy.
Actually Luke still had a horrible ear infection and we were all still tired. And it was cold. And the fire that Grandpa made for Luke to be warm was a bad idea, according to Luke. He kept saying, "I don't want fire in my eyes, turn it off!" And then, "I just want to go home." why? "Because I'm so cold."
So, we lied and told him after we drove to Grandma's house and said hello we could get back in the car and drive home.
So we drove to Grandma's house and said goodbye to cold Pine.
Luke decided it was warm enough at Grandma's house so he decided that we could stay a while.
And we decided lying to your kids really isn't that bad of a thing.
Happy Pine Pictures before the sleep deprivation took it's toll.
Saturday morning was a different story.
We really were happy.
And OH so warm!
We all got ready to join in the sweet celebration of Easter, beginning with Susanna's baptism..what a cute little red head!
Oh so exciting!
(Tyler is about one year older and is my brother Benjamin's little boy)
Sadie (far left) was the only girl for many years. The ratio of boys to girls before Susanna was born was 12:1
The girls are catching up!
We are all so excited!!
We definitely feel the spirit of 7th Heaven around here!
"Watch your kids around water!"
Luke doesn't.
The 6, soon to be 7, Jones Kids.
After Luke got over the fact that she was a girl, they really played well together.
Another day, after feeding the rabbit some delicious greens, I reached to stroke the soft white fur and BARK! I was both shocked and scared silly as I watched a bunny jump and pounce forward and warn me with some bunny barks. It was really quite scary!!
Less than one week later, a cat decided he didn't like a barking bunny rabbit either. It was a devil rabbit that dreamt of being a killer with it's killer barks but that cat got him anyhow.
Easter morning came and went.
Right before bedtime the kids found their Easter baskets.
Isaac showed Grandpa the sticky hand that the Easter Bunny brought to him.
Right before bedtime the kids found their Easter baskets.
Kyle didn't realize it was Easter weekend so he brought his most un-like Easter tie he could find--bright red!
pretty bracelet that my sister Jenny made for Ruby.It has her name on it but I couldn't get a clear picture with Ruby's wiggly arms.
Catching up with old friends at the park.



We met the Millers in UT in the MBA program.
Now they live in AZ!
We miss them so much!!
Isaac, Jacob, Megan and Luke
me and Candice
Best buds!
A trip to AZ couldn't be complete without a Ray cousin get together.
Thanks to my cousin for throwing it together last minute!
Greg and his sweet Goldie Rose.
Me with Ruby Belle.
I hope our kids don't hate us because of their names.
We just couldn't help ourselves.
They were just too cute for the regular old names.
Now they live in AZ!
We miss them so much!!
Isaac, Jacob, Megan and Luke
Thanks to my cousin for throwing it together last minute!
Greg and his sweet Goldie Rose.
Me with Ruby Belle.
I hope our kids don't hate us because of their names.
We just couldn't help ourselves.
They were just too cute for the regular old names.
We did some crazy wild things while we were in AZ.
One of them was ride in the back of a truck.
me and my sister Annie
Feel that WARM AZ wind.
Luke and Eliza are the BEST at these stink-eye faces!
One of them was ride in the back of a truck.
me and my sister Annie
Swimming in April?
Only in AZ!!
It was freezing cold water but these kids braved it.
Nathan and Charlie.
His big cousins!
Isaac's got a mean punch!
Here see--they really do love each other!
"Watch your kids around water"
pictures.
We splurged and got the ultimate bracelet so the kiddos could ride all the rides as much as they wanted.
All 4 rides.
The kids had a blast!
It was fun to pretend for a few hours that we were that crazy!
What would that be like?
Maybe this post should be renamed,
"Attack of the Killer post"
(even more to come
including a family photo shoot!)


11 comments:
Who needs to live in Arizona when you can fit all that into one week? You've inspired me to start packing boxes.
You've also made me wonder if you are on drugs, and if you are not, they should research, bottle, and sell you.
I cannot believe, with all that busyness going on, that I saw you twice. I think that makes us best friends.
holy crap, that was a long post and tons of pics! i'm sad we didnt get to see you, sorry, i had family in town for my sisters wedding. K- Ruby is so so so cute!
I think you win best post! I feel like I just read a book:) Its so fun to see everyone. I remeber the days in your backyard and the bunnies. So cute you got your dad one. I especially love the family Easter pics. Rubys dress is so darling. I cant wait till yuo throw cousin parties when I get there. Lisa #7??? thats so exciting! cant wait to see you!
xoxo
hugs!
looks like you had such a great trip. Good for you guys- and hey thanks for bringing some sun back with you:)
Wow! That was quite the post! Looks like you had a great time!
looks like you had LOTS of fun :)
Wow, what a busy week, sorry I missed you! You came at the right time though - it's so hot now! Ugh!
Whew! I'm tired...looks like you had a lot of fun.
Sheesh! lots of {cute} pictures. I love Luke's totally NOT excited look to hunt for eggs.
Are you sleep deprived? This post was hilarious.
I am sad I missed the park gathering. My sister Emily was in town too... and we were at the river.
Next time for sure...
Loads of fun!! I enjoyed all the great pictures! Your kids are fun and I want to meet them!
I loved all your pictures. They were great. Love, Mom
Post a Comment