The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Lukisms

This kid never runs out of stuff to say. His imagination is amazing...but I don't think that is what he would call it. To him, it is REAL LIFE!

The first time I saw this picture it freaked me out a bit--those are not his big bunny teeth...he has a marshmallow in his mouth and chocolate everywhere else:)

This is from Luke TODAY!

"Mom, did you know that I ate popscicle sticks in china with my father? My real mother and father are dead. They were attacked and eaten by a cheetah. You are my new mother. I didn't like the poscicle sticks because they were yucky so I ate Chinese noodles instead."

(from me--Luke, how did we get you, if we aren't your real parents?)


"I just wondered off and came to our old house and then you moved there, remember?"

(no Luke, I don't remember that.)


"Mom, did you know that I can transform into a werewolf and T-Rex so that I can eat meat all the days of my life?"


Luke came upstairs wearing a basket ball hoop the other day. He claims he didn't know it would do this.



Other good stuff from the mouth of Luke:


"Mom, I have 2 good newses. ONE--Oliver is Wide alseep and TWO--he is not crying!"


(The other day Luke told me he was pretending to be a teenager. I asked him what a teenager was)

"A teenager is a really really big kid. They drink lots of tea and wear t-shirts and say "raw, raw" at their parents."


Practicing safety while using the computer.


Do not try and tell this kid that he is not a real life scientist. He will cry real tears. Also, do not try and tell him that he is not a super hero at night. Or that he doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night with his flashlight and color and cut out paper to make his powers. Also, don't tell him what real scientist do in real life because he won't believe you. They do not invent or discover new things they just don't. Scientists make MONSTERS-- REAL LIVE MONSTERS. Every time I tell Luke that I believe he is a scientist I become the best mother in the world to him. He radiates happiness and I can do no wrong.


Thanks for always teaching me something new Luke!

You are one of a kind!


And just in case you have forgotten about this little boy--

Oliver is growing up nicely. He is kinda fussy if he is awake so we are all happy that he still sleeps most of the day!




6 weeks old today! Wow!

8 comments:

mad white woman said...

Luke and Clara must've been friends in Heaven. She tells stories ALL the time. "My friend..." It's nothing short of entertaining.

When are you going to get a child with your red hair?? :)

JLynn said...

I agree with anna. when will your red hair show up?!! Ruby got quite the combo though. I LOVE blonde hair and brown eyes. Really makes her brown eyes pop! I was thinking of you the whole time reading what Luke says. He's his mother's child. :) Didn't you tell people you first met in the hall your freshman year that you and your family were in the circus? I'm pretty sure I'm right. Come on now, 'I' do not make this stuff up. :)

Poppy said...

i love that Luke...I wish he and Dylan could play more! Of course they might create an imaginary world that they never return from. Dylan often says "remember that one time that I died?" No, sorry can't remember that! I wish I could snuggle that little baby!

Anne said...

love all those darling outfits, makes a huge difference. He looks super tall but not chunking up at all. He is adorable. I wish you lived here so we could commiserate our fussy babies. Today I fed Amelia in a bathroom stall so I could put her back in the car. good times.

Lark said...

That Luke is hilarious. Love those stories.
And Oliver is looking so grown-up! Such a handsome baby!

And just commenting on the other comments...if you're like me, you won't get a kid with your hair color either! How did this happen? I got the red head kids and you got the brown eyed kids. Its always fun though after they are born to see their coloring and which parent they look like. Ok. That's all.

larainydays said...

It's so great that you appreciate Luke's mighty tales of wonder. I like that kid. Oliver is changing by the day. (Cody and Breaelle had their little girl yesterday. I'm so excited to come see her.)

The Fillmore Family said...

Oh what an imagination. I'm so glad you are keeping a record of the fun things he is saying. Oliver is getting cuter every day and looking more and more like a fillmore/widdison. I think he is really his own person. I can see a little bit of everyone in him. I don't know how you are finding time to blog but I'm so glad you are. Love, Mom from Chiquimula
Dad just scared a big spider away from my bed. He tried to kill it but didn't so I have to think about it all night tonight while I'm trying to sleep. FUN

Melissa said...

I had fun catching up with your big family this morning... my goodness you are a busy woman and an AWESOME mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...