The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Random Pictures

Luke (right) with his buddy DeeDee (Dylan Thatcher).


Luke and Meggie hanging out at the soccer game.


Isaac and his friend Jacob (behind him in line) listening intently at their first soccer practice.


I couldn't get Isaac to look at the camera, he was just too into his soccer practice (well, mostly just his cool red soccer ball).


Soccer has been a hilarious experience for us. There are about 2-3 teenage coaches that know a TON about soccer and very little about speaking on the level of a 3 year old. The first practice they said, "okay, line up facing me and kick the ball to the first cone." Simple enough, right? Wrong. It was so funny to see these "coaches" try to explain things to a 3 year old. Eventually I just ran out there and put all the kids in their correct places, physically kicked the ball to the cone, touched the cone so they knew which cone I was talking about and then they were ready to go (parents are supposed to help out but this first practice I seemed to be the only one who was aware of it). It has been fun though, and Isaac feels like such a big boy now that he is going to soccer AND preschool. He says things like, "I can do this now mama, I growed up."
Luke is talking so much now. He will say anyones name (Isaac has evolved from Ikey to Iskick and now to Iskuk). When he can't find something he repeats what he is looking for and I don't know over and over again. For example, if I leave and Kyle is watching him, Luke wanders all around the house looking for me and repeating "mama, I dunno...mama, I dunno...." It is so cute, anyone who hears him say "I dunno" laughs so hard because it is just too funny the way he actually says it.
Super busy here at the Widdison house. Kyle is gone a lot these next few days helping with a conference and I am staying BUSY!

5 comments:

JLynn said...

you're always living in the fast lane, Emily! i bet it's so fun to send Isaac to preschool AND watch him kick around his red soccer ball! you should be so proud! :) little Luke is adorable, I wish I could hear him talk! I dunno... :)
Cache says Hi to his auntie Em, he misses you!Talk to you later!

Alicia and Daniel said...

I love that someone thinks it is cool I think that was Tyra's? Did it come out of our shed? ha ha I forgot it was there lol

Nat said...

I need to get jordan in soccer next year, they are so fun to watch at this age because they don't have a clue what's going on. he looks so cute and serious with his soccer ball in hand.

Jean Leavitt said...

So cute! I just bet he's pumped about soccer. Keep us posted on that. :D Thank goodness you were there to save the day with the coaches.

Tyler Archibald said...

Hi Emily,

this says that its from Tyler but it is really me, I don't know how to sign in on my name (marjean) Anyway I love your blog. Sidney made up a blog for me but I don't really have anything to post...we'll see if I can make up some excitement in my life... Anyway I wanted to say thanks for inviting all the cousins to your house Sunday!!! Check out Ali's B-friend for us.

Love, Marjean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...