Saw this on my friend's blog. Loved it so much, I had to copy her.
I support traditional marriage and so do all 4 candidates!!
OOPS...just found out Obama is NOT for prop. 8 but he is for traditional marriage? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but oh well, I still like this pro prop 8 ad!
OOPS...just found out Obama is NOT for prop. 8 but he is for traditional marriage? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but oh well, I still like this pro prop 8 ad!


3 comments:
FYI: I changed my post because I realized it should read: I am for traditional marriage and so are all 4 candidates (Obama believes in traditional marriage but is not for Prop 8...imagine that)
(It's Barack, not "Barak")
:)
I've said this all to Monique and I thought I'd share it with you, but be assured that I am not trying to convince you of how you should vote. Anyway, it would take a miracle for Obama to win Utah so a few more votes for him here won't really make any difference.
I've been thinking of your aunt's prediction of 40 years of doom and moral depravity if Obama is elected. It's really just playing on Republican fears of unchecked liberalism. As far as I can tell none of the current justices have declared any plans to retire. To say that it is "very likely" that the next president will appoint 2 supreme court justices is nothing but speculation. And even if any were to retire that's not the end of it for the next 30-40 years. The fact of the matter is that every president except Jimmy Carter has had the opportunity to appoint justices. The balance between the right and the left is always shifting.
I think that there are good and bad things about each party and having the pendulum swing back and forth is a way of keeping things balanced so that we can get some of the good of each party and not all of the bad. Right now I am thinking that our country is in need of another swing of the pendulum. We need to get out of Iraq. We need to give more thought to the poor and the needy in our country. We need to make sure that everyone, no matter their circumstances, can get medical care. We need to stop catering to the oil companies and start getting serious about eliminating our dependence on oil (domestic and foreign). We need to actually care about our environment. We need to wake up and realize that easy access to guns does not make people safer. The list goes on.
Also, many opponents of Obama say that we should be wary of his charisma. I say that eloquence and charisma are valuable assets in a leader.
So I'll just be quiet now. Sorry for invading your blog. =)
Post a Comment