I have always had very very strong feelings about public school and been very pro public schools for my family (for many reasons). However, the more and more that I research prop. 8 and see all the ramifications that it will have in our public schools if it does not pass-- I feel like I am forced to consider homeschooling for my kids. I really hope that it does not come to this. I feel like the only thing I can do right now is give money...which I do not have! Is there anything else I can do? I feel so helpless!
Here are some great videos that show the impact that this has on ALL states. The first one is my favorite, shows how it affected the Parker family--they actually put the dad in jail for standing up for his parental right to have notification BEFORE same sex marriage was discussed in his son's KINDERGARTEN class. Please check it out!
{What is the current state of marriage in America? What is going on in California? Why the definition of marriage matters.
1. Here is an example of what is happening in Massachusetts with students as young as kindergarten regarding same-sex indoctrination as well as the consequences for parents who stand up and are counted. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO WATCH AND UNDERSTAND. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE THIS TOO MUCH.
PLEASE take a moment to view this video:
The Parker Family, MA: http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1815825713/bctid1819819843 – it demonstrates serious consequences - children in public schools being taught that homosexual marriage is no different than heterosexual marriage – and how the law will be enforced in California (like it is in Massachusetts) IF Prop 8 does not pass.
We have 30 more days to talk with those around us and help them understand the critical nature of this proposition passing.
Save the Family: http://www.youtube.
3. Here is an extremely informative video of what this issue is all about: (Warning: the beginning may be offensive and is not appropriate for children.) http://www.afa.net/prop8video/index.html
4. Here are links to excellent articles from the LDS newsroom that are very helpful when discussing this issue with your families:
http://newsroom.lds.org/
http://newsroom.lds.org/
5. Finally, you can go to https://www.icontribute.us/protectmarriage/initiative/firstadweb and see their new ad for the web and TV. The professor from Pepperdine University who speaks on behalf of all of us in the commercial does a fabulous job stating some key consequences of NOT passing prop 8.
Please stand up and be counted. We must move forward with hope in Christ and a determination to be witnesses in all places and at all times.}
ALSO--thanks aunt Sidney for writing such a great post on your blog! I love what you wrote and I couldn't have said it better so I'm adding it!
ALSO--thanks aunt Sidney for writing such a great post on your blog! I love what you wrote and I couldn't have said it better so I'm adding it!


"I've heard a lot of talk about people who are so dissapointed with McCain they are ready to vote for Obama. Well hold on there folks you are not just voting in a four year presidency you could very well be voting in changes that will take place for the next 4o years. So think good and hard before you do that.
I must admit I am not excited at the idea of McCain for President or for that matter Sarah Pallin as Vice President. But lets put that aside and look at the consequences this election will have. The next President will more than likely present two supreme court justices for approval. Congress can pass all the laws it wants but it is the Supreme Court that decides their constitutionality. A judge can serve 30 or even 40 years. It is not only the future of the Supreme Court that is at stake with the November election. The president also selects judges for the many federal district courts and the 13 federal circuit courts of appeal, the last stop before the Supreme Court. These judges, too, have life tenure and often remain on the bench for decades. Most of the 13 circuit courts of appeal currently have a Republican majority, but on most it is by a small margin. A McCain presidency would likely ensure substantial Republican majorities in every circuit, whereas an Obama presidency would offer the chance to shift some circuits back to control by judges selected by a Democratic president. This balance, too, is important; because the Supreme Court agrees to preside over only a fraction of cases moving through the federal court system each year, the rulings of the circuits often play an important role in shaping federal law.
Thats quite a legacy to leave our children. The liberal left is scared to death that John McCain will appoint Judges that would be inclined to reverse Roe VS Wade and other right wing agenda's. Sounds good to me. So I cast my vote this year based on which candidate will support the ideology I think is in the best interest of America."


12 comments:
I am glad that you are political. I am getting really tired of it though. I did like the debate yesterday and felt that MCCain did great.
It's a lovely day to live in Massachusetts!!
I couldn't agree more with your Aunt! I may have to post her stuff on my blog too!
HI I was snooping around and found you blog, first of all I think you are AWESOME and 2nd I totally agree with everything you just said. So diddo
"liberal left " -make me puke, Em!
Check out the discussion on Mormons for Obama.
One last thing, Republicans don't own morality. McCain with his adulterous past should be the first to admit that.
I agree that McCain isn't my favorite candidate, but I feel like we are in time where we have to choose the lesser of two evils. Some people think that Obama is ignorant and doesn't have experience, but I he knows exactly what he's doing and is ready to run his liberal agenda. He reminds me of the anti-christs in the Book of Mormon (conniving lawyers who twist their words to what people want to hear).
Sorry this is long...I get a little crazy during election time.
Holy heated comments, Emily!
Obama is hotter, though.
Obama as the anti-christ?
Wow. Em, I'm proud of you for getting serious about the issues and in such a public arena.
I hope I will still get to check in often, that is if they have internet access in outer darkness! ;)
I have actually gotten e-mail forwards claiming that Obama is THE Antichrist as forewarned in the book of Revelation!
Well, I have gotten plenty of negative e-mails about Obama, which I ignored. I really do think Obama is a really good person. I haven't read (but need to,I've heard it is good) the book he wrote that I gave to my dad for Christmas called "The Audacity of Hope" ...so I am not an Obama hater...I just have my reasons for not voting for him.
Post a Comment