The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

An actors life for US!


Even though I still don't think I can sing (or dance) I did love participating in a community youth theater group in Gilbert Arizona every summer (age 5 to age16).  It was very well done, and the teachers were amazing.  Most of them still do it...or are passing it on to their daughters to run.  My nephews and nieces now participate each summer and I love watching them perform when I'm in town.  There is a theater group called UP with Kids here.  And lets just say it nicely---it stinks! compared to Gilbert.  My first gripe was that it totally catered to girls.  At Gilbert--there were awesome boy numbers, girl numbers and group numbers.  They failed to impress.  But my boys had a great time and didn't notice any of those things.  We will not be doing it again (it cost an arm and a leg) and it was all year round vs. just the summer time.  I wish we had a program here that they could do, because it is so much fun to be on stage and they loved it!  Luke did his best not to smile the entire time--he is very good at it and it is quite entertaining to watch  him control those smile muscles!  Good job boys!   You did awesome.  I am biased, but they really did deliver those lines really well--better than most I will have to say!

















 With their teacher.
Oh how I miss Rosanne, Melanie, and Linda!!

1 comment:

Poppy said...

What's the one here? I'd love to get my kids involved!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...