The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Happy Mother's Day 2012 and Construction!

It was a great day.  My kids are old enough to be thoughtful all on their own and I love it.  I am very shiny in this picture--probably just because I'm so happy to be their mom that I'm glowing/radiating with love:)


Oliver is sporting his famous pirate smile here.

We have so many mothers we are thankful for.  Here is just one of them--Kyle's Grandma.  She is amazing and we love to visit her!


Some people do not like flowers for gifts.  I am NOT one of those people.  I love them.
  
Luke's mother's day gifts for me.



Isaac's mother's day gifts to me.

He gave me a book with a bunch of poems.  This was my favorite one.  I love it!

One of my biggest mother's day gifts (and birthday gifts)--Kyle has worked extra hours to buy me a new laundry room.  Our basement is currently under construction right now I can't wait for it to be done!!  Because it was my big 30th, he planned a nice little surprise ice-cream party with our friends on the street--unfortunately, we all got evacuated from our homes that afternoon because of the fire.  I would say, "it is the thought that counts", but I think it was a bummer deal!!

I took this picture at the beginning of June.  Now we have a wall up, plumbing done, electrical done, dray wall almost done, cabinets purchased, and 2 of the 3 closets completed!  We had a giant toy room-so we took about 1/3 of the space and made a small but WAY bigger laundry room that I have now.  We also are added a small bathroom.  Hoping to have it all done before school starts!  No, we are not doing it ourselves--Kyle worked extra so we could pay someone to do it:)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

redy set i love you! hahahaha. gotta love kid gifts. and poetry. a new laundry room sounds awesome! happy belated birthday!

mad white woman said...

i love fresh flowers. when i'm rich, i'll have them in my home always. fun to have a new laundry room and a finished (or more finished?) basement.

larainydays said...

Pssh, I'm with you. People who turn down flowers are craaazy. Your mother's day tributes were awesome and your new laundry room is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...