The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Lets clear things up...

Okay, so last time blogged I confused everyone. I said that one of the two things were true (1) we are moving to Denver (true) and (2) I was having twins and naming them lightening Mcqueen and Luigi (Isaac's choices). I want to clear things up-- WE have moved to DENVER and I am NOT having TWINS!:)

DENVER, COLORADO

Check out the VIEW!

Below is my favorite spot to sit...I moved a section of the couch right next to the window to enjoy the view whenever I want. It's is especially great with bowl of ice cream or chocolate.



Colorado is awesome! I really want to live here someday if possible. For the first week we stayed with my awesome Aunt Marjean and her family in Broomfield. The boys loved it. They had every single game you can think of (pool, b-ball game, air hockey, ping pong, etc.), a tramp, a pond, and a HUGE tv. Isaac was in heaven with the HUGE tv. Luke loved Marjean so much he would wander around the house looking for her. He never wanted me to hold him when she was around. She was really great. We also got to visit my uncle John and aunt Mary and their girls in Lakewood. They don't live on a farm but they have chickens and Guinea pigs and Isaac was thrilled to have a friend his age to play with.

We've also ventured to Littleton to visit Curt, Jen and little boy Cache. Cache doesn't know how to cry and is therefore, the perfect baby. Jen had to make a trip to the hospital and he was such a good baby for her. He just wanted his mommy to get better fast. It has been so much fun to see friends and family.

After a week of being spoiled we got to move into our furnished apartment (on the 19th floor--I was glad it wasn't on the 27th like we thought it was). Kyle only works a block away and we can see his building right outside our window--Kyle loves the commute:)! The boys love the elevator and garage. It is awesome here. I am being spoiled with the view and brand new kitchen appliances:). We gave the boys the large master bedroom because the 2nd bedroom attaches to the family/living room with the tv. I love our set up. We had to buy a few things but for the most part we were set. We sure do miss Marjeans steam shower with muli-heads though.

I was thinking that living here (with only 2 kids no more) long term would be awesome. We literally live right above the 16th street mall strip. There is a bus that runs up and down it for a mile that is free that the boys love to ride. We live right across the street from the Cheesecake factory and the 16th street mall has all the store you can want. I am fond of Forever21 and the chocolate factory:) yummmy! I thought sees had the best chocolates but I'm not sure anymore. My uncle John, aunt Marjean and cousin Alli helped us move in and promised to come back for the shopping and to swim in the heated pool on the roof---oh and of course to visit us!:)

Kyle and I have decided to forget about saving all our money and having no fun. We will be frugal but man, when will we ever live in a high rise downtown again? We are going to LIVE it up! We can see the rollercoaster park from our window (which we will be visiting) and the free bus drives to the library. We also plan on going to the zoo and Children's museum and natural history museums. I'm sure it wont be quite like it was in Chicago there still seems to be lots to do even if it is just riding the free bus up and down the mall strip! We are going to be busy busy--we only have 8 weeks left!







All tuckered out on the drive to Colorado.





Playing in the Pond with aunt Marjean and lighting off some fireworks with cousin Tyler (pre-4th of July celebration).










Kyles first day of work. Looking sharp!

7 comments:

heather said...

That cousin Tyler is a great influence...teaching your boys about fireworks! You’ll have to come back up to Broomfield and visit when the rest of the Archibald cousins are in town next weekend.

Monique said...

Hey,

With all these crazy MySpace stalkers about, and after going through old comments and realizing that random people are checking into my blog who CLEARLY don’t get my style, I’ve decided to make my site private. I know it’s a bit annoying to have to sign in if you want to see it, but that’s what it’s come down to.

So, please, send me an e-mail at mymaidenname underscore firstname at hotmail so that I can invite you back to the world of Beyond Bonita. :D

Maren said...

i LOVE the new place! it is absolutely gorgeous, those views are amazing! how fun.

Dallings said...

Wow Emily Denver seems great. Your apt. sounds awesome. A heated pool on the roof, wow. It is furnished nicely, when you said it was furnished I imagined old couches and hotel settings, but it looks like a nice home. About your imaginary twins, I think it's a good idea! You could definetly handle it. I would like to have some of your energy. Love the picture of the boys sleeping.

staci said...

We loved Denver too. Randy lived there for 4 months and I lived there for 2 months, in a hotel. We went on many adventures. The city is so clean huh! It is definately a place we could see ourselves living someday... but for now we'll be in lS a while. Maybe we can live there together and do fun stuff:)

staci said...

I mean LA...got distracted by a crying baby.

staci said...

This is the last one: you have to go to Royal Gorge. It's just an hour or so and it's beautiful. There's also fun stuff for the kids like a petting zoo. You have to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...