The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Do you remember?

Those little capsules that grew in water? Well, I remember them well. I remember that they were lame. I did them once, and then never really went back to try them again. My boys had a totally different reaction! They loved it! They were so excited, it was like Christmas. They played and played with their little sponge monsters and they are still preserved in a plastic baggy for future play. After they 'grew' them, they went to the bathroom sink and played in the water with them. They played for at least an hour with no fighting! It was a great dollar spent at the dollar spot at Target.

In other News:
  • We painted pumpkins to celebrate the coming fall. My absolute favorite season.
  • I helped throw my sister-in-law Jill a baby shower and made my first diaper cake. I think it turned out pretty cute and it wasn't that hard. It looks better in person, I promise!
  • The boys spent some quality time with daddy washing the car and going to 93 cent day at cornbellys (pumpkin patch and other activities at Thanksgiving point). While I was at the shower I sent them there to play fully expecting it to be overcrowded, but Kyle said it was great and not crowded at all!
No thanks daddy, I think I'll hold my own head.Hey honey, can we make this at least a once a month tradition?
we tried to get Luke to stay on Task.
But it didn't really work that well.
  • I made my first cake from scratch! Although I forgot to frost the middle layer, it turned out delicious. Special thanks to Julia D. for all her tips! Julia, I'm sorry, it didn't turn out as cute as it was supposed to, but it was soooo yummy! It will be my new traditional fall cake.
Last piece, all mine! Yum.
  • I hit the 5 month mark! I am now only 15 weeks away from D day!:) And have added a bunch of new names to the name list. This is hard...good thing I have 15 more weeks.
  • I came downstairs one morning and found this...
Luke was bringing Isaac story after story for him to read. Eventually Isaac got tired and said, "Luke, can we stop now...cause my head kinda hurts."

12 comments:

Kyle said...

Is there anything wrong with waiting a year to wash the cars? And I think it's highly appropriate to use a "hands on" approach when taking pictures with kids.

As for the cakes, the diaper cake was not very tasty at all...

Nanda said...

Super cute pics!
I'll have to buy some of those growing sponge things for Nick.

I love the Fall too! Isn't it such a fun season! That cake looks so good!! Can I get a recipe?!!
The diaper cake looks awesome too!
Oh and where is that belly?!! You're tiny!!

seven smiles said...

My kids loved (and also saved) those growing sponge thing-ies.

But do you remember the 1st generation of those growing capsules? Nasty, ginormous, gelatinous blobs of barely identifiable shapes?

(Had to talk my kids down from saving THOSE.)

And I think you gave them most of them. :)

Kari said...

Great job on the cakes. Cake from scratch is a lot of work. Thanks for the cute blog. We do like to stay up on our cute nephews lives. We miss out on too much. See you Sunday. We're looking forward to seeing you guys. Bethany has informed me that we'll have to bring our own toys because she is sure that Isaac won't have anything to her liking. :)

Julia Deaver said...

The cake looks GREAT!!! I am so proud of you and I am sure it was delicious! I hope that you had fun making it and especially eating it!

Vagabond Mother said...

This post should be illegal because it's like four hundred posts in one.

Diaper cake- sweet.

Car wash- I think I have a compulsive car wash problem. I used to get them all the time. Now I just don't go anywhere. :)

Sponge things- I wish babies grew in a cup like sponges. But they might not look so great. Fact: baby sea horses packets in a cup are cool. I think.

Cake- Sweet mother. What a yummy looking cake.

Pumpkin painting- It doesn't even remotely feel like fall, so when I see pumpkins at the store, I'm like. . ."really?" In Utah, I started feeling pumpkiny around Labor Day. I've only painted one pumpkin in my life, and it was politically incorrect.

Your parents- Saw them at the Relief Society broadcast.

Vagabond Mother said...

P.S. I went public just so I could see my name move up and down the side of your blog. Add me to your list.

Vanity.

Karena said...

Wow! Looks like you guys have been keeping yourselves busy.

Lynette Callister said...

Hey Emilie!!
It's me, Lynette, down the street. I love your blog, I found it blukering around.
I loved your post on Breaking Dawn, I have some similar feelings.
Take care.

Melissa said...

I love the story picture! So happy to see Luke's curly hair is back. So cute.

Vagabond Mother said...

I discovered this site about a year ago, went back to it recently and it has some great tools for photos. It's called "picnik."

Nat said...

Hey there, I have been a slacker about checking blogs lately. I needed to catch up. I love the wall with your cute pictures and project. Very cool that Kyle took the boys for a day out so you could have a break! Looks like you have been having some fun like usual painting pumpkins, washing cars! Oh and on names, I was looking at your list and I like Jayne. And since my opinion I know matters most to you, I thought I'd give it to you. But whatever you pick will be great.
As for getting together, i agree it is a must and soon. Jordan needs to be around some of his other boy friends. Most of the neighbors that he plays with on a regular basis are girls. We were at my neighbor's today and he came up and said, I don't want to play princesses anymore. :( Poor kid. So, our schedule is as follows. Jordan has prescool monday and wednesday from 11-1:30. Kade usually gets home from school around 3:00 everyday except thursdays he gets home around 4:00/4:15. So, other than that we are pretty open, call me and let me know what day you want to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...