The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, January 22, 2009

eeevil music and the fans

Ruby,I can't believe you are 3 weeks old today. I'm pretty sure you smiled for REAL yesterday which is the earliest of all my babies. You are such a good baby, I keep waiting for you to change into a normal fussy baby, but maybe you won't! I took a video of Luke singing and playing his music for you. You love watching your brothers, especially your crazy rock star brother Luke. Luke claims that you like "evil" music. He thinks his Backyardigans music player has "evil" music on it, so I guess I'm okay with it if that is as bad as it is going to get:) I have to watch Luke like a hawk...the other day he picked you up. Scared me to death!
Your daddy is in charge of writing the birth stories in our family but there is one part I have to share...The only other baby in the nursery when you were born was named Max. (There is a cartoon called Max and Ruby that the boys like to watch.) Max's parents really wanted us to choose Ruby, of course to have a good story, but I promise we were only influenced a teeny tiny bit by this.
We don't have a Max, but Luke and Ruby make a
pretty good pair...especially with their evil music.
Popular conversations at our house right now.

Ike
"Ruby is such a cute baby! I just can't decide if she will be cute when she gets bigger. Yes? Or no? Will you be cute Ruby?"

Lou
"Baby, baby, are you adoorabull baby? Are you? Are you?"

Mommy
"Give me some space!"

let me explain...

Feeding Ruby time at our house has become something like a sporting event. There are usually 3 heads to sort through as I try to nurse Ruby. The boys cheer things like "Ruby you sure do like to drink!" and "Great eating Ruby--you will be a strong girl!" and my personal favorite (said by Isaac as I "set up" to nurse) "Hit it mom!" I never knew I would have so many cheering fans while I quietly bond with my newborn.

16 comments:

Fellars Family said...

So cute! You can tell from the pictures how much Isaac and Luke love their little sister.

Beka said...

your little guys are so funny! i love all the funny things they say, they sound like really good lovable brothers!

mad white woman said...

I can hardly wait to nurse another baby in my house. This morning we were laying in bed and Jason put one of Clara's dolls on my chest and said, "Oh, is the baby hungry". Clara just stared not knowing what was going on.

Mike and Kari said...

Oh man, Luke would hate it at our house then. Rem is kind of a Backyardigans fanatic. I have even had their songs show up in my dreams, that is how much I hear them. Little did I know that I was letting such eeevil music in my house! Your kids are adorable :)

Mike and Kari said...

Oh! I see- so eeevil is good! Well then, rock on Backyardigans!

Lindsay said...

Love it!!! I laughed out loud at the "hit it" comment!!! I often have a couple kids peering over my arm, asking one million questions as I nurse Preston too. Gavin likes to pet his head. ;)

Karena said...

Who needs lactation specialists when you have built-in nursing cheerleaders?

seven smiles said...

too funny!
And I can relate,
I always had AT LEAST one other child on my lap (I had to sit "indian style" {man, that is probably politically incorrect now...}) while I nursed my baby.

more pictures of Ruby please.
:)

JLynn said...

your boys are funny!! I love hearing what they say. I gasped when I read Luke picked up Ruby!!!! Scary!!! I think Isaac inherited some of your wit! I love his comment, "Hit it mom!" That's hilarious.

Becky J. said...

"Hit it Mom!"--hilarious!

Heather said...

emily, i want you to do another foot picture but this time with all three of your babies...how cute will that be to see all three sizes. you might need kyles help with this one?

Aubs said...

I know how you feel about the space thing while nursing. Cassidy especially is always there on my lap & crowding me. I thought it would have been Kylie but nope it is Cass.
Very cute pictures of Ruby. She is a doll! Can't wait to meet her in person.
Thanks for sending over your gift with Wendy. Very cute shirt & onsie. Thank you! You are sweet.
Aren't mom's great! Glad your mom was able to come & spoil you for a week.

Lisa said...

Hi girls, just checking in on the photos since nobody posts on the other site any more. I guess me included. I am so busy all the time. Maybe Sunday....She is so beautiful and Birdie keeps asking when she can hold her. She says summer is too long.

melissa hogle said...

Emily! I love seeing your family! They are too cute and funny!

The Fillmore Family said...

The cheering section is hilarious. Thanks for the new pictures. Get those blessing pictures up quickly. Send me one e-mail that I can print to show the kids in our ward. Maybe you could come for our Easter picnic. We are leaving for Guatemala on the 23rd of April to help get about 800 missionaries ready for missions, dentally speaking, that is. At least that is the plan right now. Love, Mom

KarliSue said...

Emily you have such cute kids!! You are such a great mom!!

Kids are so funny! At least they are all being supportive of you nursing right? But, I hope in the future they give you as much space as you need

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...