The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

After birth RELIEF!

After birth relief comes in many forms for me--the doctors orders to wear slippers for 2 weeks, the immediate release from the torturous 6 months of heartburn, food without the consequence of heartburn (especially chocolate and icecream), a husband who dresses and feeds the older children leaving ample time to snuggle and eat up the new little one, guilt free day time television (at least for a couple of weeks), banishment from kitchen duties, and so on and so on.

But, the best After birth Relief came for me in the form of this...
Nope. I'm not referring to the beverage (non-alcoholic, I promise--although some might find alcohol as a great child birth relief, I wouldn't know). I'm talking about my mom. She visited, stayed, and offered many services over the course of a week. Treated to breakfast in bed, free childcare, laundry services and other household cleaning, and FRESH squeezed orange juice--I was definitely spoiled. Kyle is trying his hardest to pick up where my mom left off, but we all know men just can't do it as well as women. By that, I mean most things. Sorry honey, I love you, but I miss my mom.:) Thanks mom for everything!


9 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I bet it was nice to be so spoiled ! I think that makes it even harder to get back to reality though. But you are such a great Mom, I am sure it will be easy. Tyler wishes I would let him pamper me like that. I am sort of a busy body though. Sometimes I feel like I can relax and watch TV, but usually I just think about the list of things that need to get done. Maybe one day I will learn to just chill !

Em Russ said...

oh, seriously there is NOTHING like your mom! Mine was here for 5 weeks before and after my twins were born and I cried for a week just thinking about her leaving (and if I'm honest sometimes I still think about crying because she's not here...) My only hope is that someday they'll all love me as much as I love my mom! Maybe...

p.s. though I love seeing you and your cute mom, I can't believe you didn't at least give us one picture of Ruby!!

and... LOVE that your doctor said to wear slippers for 2 weeks. That is awesome!

Becky J. said...

Amen! Moms are the best after having a baby! My friend said she always went to her mom's house with the baby the week after leaving the hospital. Her husband would take the week off and stay home with the other kids, but she would retreat to her mom's house so she didn't have to be a momma to anyone but the new baby. Her mom would take the baby during the night after she fed it and would pamper her all week long. I thought that's the way to go if you live near your mom! Sadly I don't, so thank goodness she still came down for 2 weeks anyway. So glad your mom came to help you, too!

seven smiles said...

look at that good grandma :)

Michelle said...

Moms are the best!! I agree that having a mom come and stay is worth the nine months of discomfort.

Erin said...

Oh I look forward to that..no one told me about those services- I agree moms are the best. Your boys are welcome in our home anytime. I will give you a call and come and meet little Ruby now that she is getting a little older :)

Cranberryfries said...

Hoe great to have your mom come help out. More hands are always great when a new one is born. Ruth is adorable! Congrats.

Laura F said...

I LOVE it when mom comes!!! I always cry when she has to go home again after my babies are born. I love all the cute pictures of your new baby girl, too - hooray for floral headbands and pink clothes!

tiffany knox said...

I can only dream of being heart-burn free for now. And I definately should stop eating chocolate. whats my deal? she is so precious. I am glad that the jaundice is gone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...