The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's my birthday I can blog if I want to!

I finally figured out how to upload you-tube videos. I thought I hated baseball until Isaac's first t-ball game. I seriously laughed so hard!! Our preschoolers will ALWAYS do t-ball so I can get my hard belly laughs in every year. Too funny!
(Isaac with his pal Zach who is super duper smart according to Isaac because he knows all about Star Wars.)

How to play t-ball
(according to this video)

1. Run to get the ball no matter what. Even if you are supposed to be covering home base and it gets hit to second base. Even if you are the runner--you might as well help the other team out.
2. t-ball is a lot like foot ball...tackle anyone who stands between you and the ball.
3. If you don't get the ball, fall to your knees in defeat and cry like a baby. You might not get the ball, but you will get a fellow team member to come over and stand by you while you cry. Wondering if he should comfort you.
4. If you do get the ball--jump up in the air and shout hooray!
5. If you drop the ball after jumping up and down in celebration, be sure to pick it back up.
6. It is harder to pick up a ball with your glove, but you might as use the darn thing sometime.
7. It is harder to throw a ball using your glove too, and it actually doesn't work, but trying it out will get some attention from the crowd.
8. Even if you finally do throw it to 3rd base, using your hand not your glove, it doesn't guarantee he will catch it, but good throw Isaac!

watch this hilariously video here. You won't be disappointed.

In other newsworthy news...yes, it is my birthday (the big 27) and
I got this from Kyle and the kids:
hand made cards with beautiful illustrations...cute cute bag...mini b-day breakfast (we do our big breakfasts on Saturday)...candy...and my favorite orange juice (closest to the real thing I can find)...and flowers...oh ya, and Kyle made me a new play list for my blog since our last one got erased (I'm still tweaking it a bit, but I think he did a good job on the chick music).

(click on picture to see close up on illustrations:)

And for my birthday I allowed myself to shop for my daughter. It may surprise many of you, but this is only the SECOND time I have shopped for Ruby since she was born. Last time was about 3-4 months ago and I only bought 5 things. We are saving money and I am enjoying my sister's hand me downs...thanks Annie!! But let me tell you, SHOPPING for baby GIRLS is so much fun! Blackledger (Kyle's company) needs to hurry up and make some money!!
(my loot, sorry it is up side down)

And because I think posts are a little bit boring without pictures--here are a few:
Picture courtesy of Isaac
Fathers day button--this came on a card that the "kids" gave to Kyle on Father's day...it said that Dad could wear the "I'm the boss" button on Father's day but then he would need to give it back to mom. Isaac wondered why I was the boss and not daddy...he didn't think it was very fair.
Me and my Ruby
Luke and Kyle on Father's day

10 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

Happy B-Day Babe!

I too have been fully converted to T-Ball. Hilarious.

Kyle

Karie said...

YEA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Becky J. said...

Happy Birthday! Cute pictures!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

happy bday.. vera's are the best for church. i actually have that one in blue :)

Poppy said...

Happy, happy b-day Emily Dear! We will have to party hardy next week when we get there!

Fellars Family said...

Happy Birthday! T-ball is great. I will have to tell you a very funny story about my brother when he play T-ball.

Mike and Kari said...

Happy Birthday!

Erin said...

happy birthday! It looks like you had a great day

Nat said...

So glad it was a great day for you. Now we just need to plan when I get to take you out to dinner for your birthday! Hmm, think of a day and let me know. And I sent you an email with my old playlist.

jae said...

I hope you had a great birthday! I only wish I could sing to you in person but my singing would make you cry (in pain.) Love and miss ya so much!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...