The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swear word, swear word, swear word!

A Completely ridonkulous injury!

These pictures are for my sister Jenny. For some strange reason, she LOVES pictures of peoples' feet on blogs (note the hint of sarcasm).

Sorry it is so blurry. And sorry if my feet stink. I didn't get a chance to do my daily pedicure before this unexpected event occurred.


I never swear (except for the very occasional swearing that goes on in my head:). So let me put it this way, I never swear out loud. Which is probably why I yelled at the top of my lungs "swear word! swear word! swear word!" at the ER when they numbed up my little pinky toe with a nice shiny needle. Ouchie!! If you haven't had a shot in your toe, I do not recommend it.

I also do not recommend stubbing your toe so badly that your toe does a 180 degree spin off to the right (my little toe naturally turns towards the left). The doctor quickly twisted my toe back into place but couldn't do much for the part of the break that descended into my joint below the toe. I'm taking it really easy (not cleaning anything and staying off my feet as much as possible) so that on Monday when I go to the foot doctor I don't have to hear the words "now we will have to put pins in your foot to help it heal correctly."

After I yelled "swear word!" 3 times I quickly told the nurses I should have worn a different hat.
(for those of you who don't get it, I literally said the words "swear word" instead of actually saying *&*#)
I was wearing a BYU hat and remembered in the nick of time. I also remembered that my white Chicago cubs hat was hanging on the door upstairs and wish I had worn that one instead. I don't know what would have come out of my mouth if I had chosen my hat more wisely.

These pictures just aren't doing my toe justice. If you look at my little toe next to my pinky toe you will see how my toes turn to the left. My pinky toe is supposed to be turned almost completely to the left. I told Kyle maybe now my toes will look more normal.
One crooked toe straightened, only 3 more to go!

(these pics were taken before the doc twisted my toe back into place. My toe is now straight)
And because my feet are so ugly (and probably stinky too), I'll leave you with some cute pictures of Ruby. These pictures are for G&G Fillmore. Thanks for that adorable Guatemalan dress! Ruby wore it to church last Sunday.

Words of wisdom from a half-step-hoppin' mama:
Give yourself plenty of room to clear the corners in your house.
Breaking a toe in such a ridonkulous way is not only embarrassing, but expensive too.

17 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

That is hilarious that you actually said " swear word " instead of swearing ! I am that way too. I am not a swearer ( is that even a word ) The first thing that comes to my mind when something like that happens is " Oh poopie " That's my swear word : ) But I don't blame you for saying anything at all. Stubbing your toe, let alone breaking it, hurts SO bad !

seven smiles said...

Well you know what I would've said.

I can hardly look at that toe (and not just because it's a FOOT! {ha ha})

That is horrible.
I hope it heals right.

I've broken lots of toes--none of them in such an "exocist" like manner--but the worst was when Jack accidently kicked me. It's permanently curved and still sore.

My toe has never really recovered and it's been almost 5 years.

Ouch.
So sorry--good luck.

JLynn said...

I'm sorry you broke your toe. Sorry it was painful and sorry you got an expensive bill. Happy your toe is recovering, sure it will be dancing soon. Hope you are eating ding dongs and ho hos. If not, you know I'd bring you hostess products while recovering from an injury!;)

Unknown said...

I would have sworn out loud several times - even while wearing a BYU hat. My hat's off to you :).

Karena said...

Oooo! I'm shocked that you kept your cool...and kept the language clean. Hope it heals fast.

Fellars Family said...

Ow! I hope it doesn't hurt for long!

Em Russ said...

oh man, OUCH!!

Cheryl Anne said...

I'm SO sorry, toes hurt so much more than a little digit should. I hurt my pinky toe years ago, and its never been the same either. here's the proof: http://designsinfloral.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Oh ouch!!! I have stubbed my toes so many times but never that bad. Just the thought makes me scrunch up my toes. I hope all heals well.

And Ruby is so adorable!!!

Aubs said...

So sorry about your toe! I'm sure it kills. Don't worry I couldn't smell your feet at all. Take it easy so you don't have to get pins. Who knew you could put pins in your toes?!

aelizabethgarner said...

You should hurt yourself more often. Look how many people love you Emily. Stub on! I am on the final count down of being incapacitated (hopefully).

Maquel said...

Wow1 I can't imagine how painful that must have felt. I want to swear when I stub my toe--I can't imagine the pain of breaking it--and that shot!

Karie said...

Ooo, I'm so sorry! Ouch!

The MacArthurs said...

I'm there with ya, I broke my big toe pushing Izzy on a swing, don't ask!

Nat said...

Man, wish I would have been there! :) If you lived closer I would come clean for you and make you dinner! But Kyle is pretty good at all that stuff... Love ya!

Vagabond Mother said...

I've said so much worse for so much less. I really hope it feels better and heals well.

Ruby doesn't look phased, though. She must be a strong girl for you.

I think Henry will be my nightmare boy, especially after sleeping with him for the last month. He has night terrors already.

I love being close with my boys at night. It is weird how wonderful strange times can be.

Feel free to share that picture, they are a pretty rough and tumble group. :)

April-Benjamin said...

That stinks- literally- about your toe! It was fun to catch up on your blog & see your cute kiddos. Cedric & Ruby look SO much alike. When are ya'll coming to visit again?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...