The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Need help!

Could someone PLEASE tell me how to stretch my blog page across the whole computer instead of just a fraction of the computer? Also, how is everyone making these cute personalized pages? Looks like a scrapbook page. Share your knowledge please!:)

8 comments:

Nat said...

Wish I could help you out. I would like to know the same thing, I will have to keep checking your comments to see if anyone gives you some good ideas!

Poppy said...

I want to know, too, also...how do you put pictures down the side and add friends? I really miss you guys and can't wait for August. We should be home on the 15th or 16th. When are you back in Utah?

Lindsay said...

I really want something cute too! Boohoo!

Poppy said...

Never mind, I just figured it out...Thanks anyway...now I am up way too late.

Beka said...

emily my neighbor helped me make the scrapbook top, she is the mcmillans, you could email her and ask her to send you one, but to do it the RIGHT way- which mine is not, b/c u can see (beka&danny) as the title which looks kind of gay but i had to keep it on, -you have to mess around with the html- i will askher if she has time to send you one and then you can play with it....also the stretch across the whole screen is one of the templates....i will find out which one i used and let you know

Beka said...

i think its sand dollar template...try it and see if it works

Sara said...

I'm definitely not a pro at all, but I know that it is in the html codes. I went in and started playing with mine to see if I could figure it out and learned a few things, but i don't know that its the answer you are looking for. Where ever it has a px (pixels) it is referring to a measurement and if you change the numbers you will start messing with where things lie. I only would move one thing at a time to see what it did and always copied the original before I did anything. That's not really a definite answer, but something to play with till you do find it! Sara

mad white woman said...

i can help with the nerd question, not the creative one (imagine that). :) to make your blog wider, click the "Template" tab, then go to "Edit HTML" and scroll down until you see something that looks like this (i don't know how similar all of the template coding is):

/* Outer-Wrapper
-----------------------------------------------
#outer-wrapper {
width: 1100px;
margin:0 auto;
padding:10px;
text-align:left;
font: $bodyfont;
}

#main-wrapper {
width: 800px;
float: left;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix

#sidebar-wrapper {
width: 250px;
float: right;
word-wrap: break-word; /* fix */

then, change the widths for these categories (above this in the coding there is a place you can change the header width as well if you'd like). anyway, the outer wrapper contains the sidebar and the main wrappers (main wrapper is where posts are), so the outer wrapper can't be more than the other two widths combined. also, if you make the total exactly the width of the outer, it looks cramped together. hope this helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...