The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Game: free and clear in a year.

Kyle--
You are wonderful.
And super funny.
And you are AMAZING!
simply AMAZING!!

We are all so happy you are ALL ours!
well, sort of...we will have to share a lot of you this next year or so, but we can do it!

Just one of those embarressing shout outs to my husband. Who is absolutely the BEST husband out there. Most of you probably don't know that we pretty much didn't have an income this past year as Kyle worked hard to get his business up and running. It was hard but really not that hard...because Kyle and I are a team. Team Widdison.:) ...and especially not that hard when we would compare our struggles and trials with those around us. We have been really blessed and we have learned sooooo much these past 3 years.

BUT...
I'm happy to announce that Kyle is now not only self employed but also REAL PAYING JOB employed! Kyle got a job! And he gets to work with a great friend. Actually that great friend is going to be his boss (for those of you who know Dan Fellars--you know what a great time Kyle will have). So now Kyle will be super super busy working 2 jobs (full time with Inhealthcare and moonlighting and weekending with Blackledger) and we couldn't be happier!

So now we can go shopping!
Okay, well, not yet.
When all this wonderful debt has been paid off, then maybe we can go shopping and get us some new socks.

Kyle asked me when he got his offer from his new boss,
"So, are you so excited to be making this much money and living just as poor?"
And I said, Yes.
I love games.
It will be a game that we will WIN!
We will be strictly following Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover thanks to some great neighbors :).
And we are EXCITED!!
We are not the people who Dave Ramsey talks about---the people who spend frivolously and make dumb mistakes with their money, but we love his program and we are going to see how long it takes us to be debt free! When we started school 3 years ago (we had been married for 4 years) we had ZERO debt. Now, well, let's just say it is a lot more than zero. We are going to try to be free and clear in a year (a hefty goal, but what is the fun if it's too easy?)

So, if you are in debt, join the get out debt party and let's

get

CRAZY!

15 comments:

Poppy said...

Yeah for an income! And yeah for getting out of debt! We'll join the party, we are working on getting ours paid off as well. We feel the pinch now so we can enjoy later, right???

seven smiles said...

Congrats! We are happy for you. :)

Kami Milliron said...

We're right there with you ! We will be completely out of debt by January or February. Our car will be PAID OFF in about a week ! Hooray for paying off debt !

Nat said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! We are so excited for team Widdison! Now, maybe you can afford gas to drive down and visit me! Hehehe Just kidding. Love you guys! :)

Kyle said...

No turning back now! Now that it has been blogged we are committed to the end...

Maybe we will celebrate by going out for burgers (but maybe we will share the fries!).

CL said...

Hooray for another job! Congratulations Kyle.

kim said...

Congrats on the job!!! And how fun to be working with Dan.

It is crazy how fast those student (and post student/pre-paying job) loans add up! I keep thinking how much more we'll be able to save once we get those things paid off!

Michelle said...

Seriously, when do you make the time to blog and journal, I guess I should come get some tips from you!!

Congrats to Kyle! Good luck with following the plan! I love that you make everything into a game. You are such an optimist!!

Fellars Family said...

I was hoping the job would work out. Dan is excited to boss Kyle around. :) Now when we meet at the park it can be a corporate event.

Lindsey Ramage said...

I am sooooooooo happy for you both!!!!!

Becky J. said...

Congrats! That's awesome. He and Danny will have so much fun together, and that's awesome you'll be making money again! I'm very impressed with how you've managed these past 3 years, and I'll bet you totally make it out of debt by your goal. Good luck!

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Congratulations on the income and new adventure! I am very interested in your new program and plan to take a look at it very seriously. I loved school and I am so grateful we did it but... as Poppy put it we will join the party too. :)

Alicia said...

Wahoo, congrats! I'm taking a finance class through my neighbor (an enrichment class) and she follows the Dave Ramsey approach. It is fun to make a game of it- how much can I save this month? We will have to chat soon. I emailed Julie and told her we all need to get together soon!

Eve said...

We LOVE LOVE LOVE Dave Ramsey. He was the only guy that could get Craig and I on the same page with the same goals. With some minor hiccups along the way, we paid off all cc debt (and CLOSED them), cars, and rolled our house to a 15 year mortgaqe. On to an Emergency Fund!
You can do it! You will love how ou feel.
Miss you.

KMDuff said...

What a great post! Yay! Dave Ramsey is so fun to listen to on the radio - big fans here as well. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...