Luke
2 weeks
March 2006
2 weeks
March 2006
Luke you were born with straight hair and a curvy (nicer word for crooked) nose. I thought you were a strange looking baby those first few moments. Daddy assured me that you wouldn't look like that forever. Time has only improved your looks. Now you have a nice straight nose and some curvy curls. We our so thankful for our *sweet, silly and HANDSOME boy.

Current quote for Luke
This morning:
"No!!! (with some tears of distress) daddy cannot take Ruby to work!!"
(now trying to make daddy feel better) "Well, when we have a different baby and it is a boy, then daddy can have that one."
hmmmm....okay.
*sweet during the day, but NOT at night. Last night Luke was up and out of his bed multiple times between the hours of 3 and 5:30. And it was anything BUT sweet.
Anyone else have kids that suffer from extreme nightmares? We have tried nice guy, mean guy, you can sleep on our floor, I'm going to spank you, you can sleep in the car guys too. NOTHING works. Tonight we told him that a bad dream gets a drink of water and a hug and a kiss and after that, walks to our room = a beloved stuffed animal taken away (not to mention an extremely irritated and grouchy mom).
I guess Luke takes after me. During the day, I'm a pretty nice mom, but in the middle of the night--beware!!
Luke, tonight, if you have another bad dream, so help me...
:)



8 comments:
My favorite Luke quote of the day was his conversation about food:
Luke: I'm hungry. I need lunch.
You: Lunch? You mean breakfast?
Luke: Yes, breakfast. I want chips.
You: Chips? Those are for lunch.
Luke: Ohh. I want lunch.
Kyle
Douglas still wakes up once a night for water and most nights, he wakes up like 2 hours after going to bed and cries hysterically for no reason. He does that for about 20 minutes and then falls back asleep. Not sure why.
So when are you having this DIFFERENT BABY ; )
I love when you quote the funny things your kids say! They are hilarious. I can't wait until Rem starts talking to see what's been going on in that brain all this time :)
I'm not very sympathetic when I am losing sleep, either!
Sophie is having extreme nightmares lately, too, and I don't have a clue what to do about them. She'll wake up screaming and insisting that something or someone is in her room. It's gotten ridiculous, and I'm a grouch all the next day when I have to get up and lay next to her during the middle of the night until she calms down. So if you get any good advice on here, please pass it on!
Emily - I'm so glad you left a comment! Look at your darling family! I'm so glad to have a little glimpse at your life!
I love that you do Flashback Fridays. What a great thing to remember when...
Ok, Luke's quote is just way to cute. What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment