new search engine, BING is bad!! Do not use it! Please spread the word. Click on the link (word bing in red) and follow it to Voice for the Children's explanation.
Never ever thought I would go private but one of my friend found innocent pictures of her children on a child porn site that had been visiting her blog and now she is going private.
I don't like when people go private because I forget to check them!!
Now I am going to have to seriously consider going private.
Sick, gross, twisted people. BEWARE!! I am angry now.
Read more about her story on her blog while it is still public!
(Brooke I hope you don't mind...I couldn't wait for your permission!!:)
http://brookemartin.blogspot.com/
Monday, August 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
That was so fun to get updated, Emily, I'm glad you found me!! Your family is so beautiful. It looks like you love being a momma! Sad about the private thing, huh? I'm gonna do it soon too because of some wacko. I'm actually surprised we've all gotten away with it for so long--I think everyone will eventually have to go private, and it's a big bummer. Glad you found me!
OK, now you have me freaked out... how did she find out that her picture was on a child porn site?
I have a friend who is going private and every time she updates she is going to put that on a public blog so people can still use google reader to know when she had updated- but the public blog will just tell that her blog is updated. Then you'll know to go to her private blog. Also, on the public blog she has their e-mail so people can request to view her private blog. Thought it was a good idea...
Wow, I read the other blog post. Scary! Now I'm going to have to think about it...
Emily-
I've always been freaked out about this! I know that so many bloggers want people to be able to find them and are worried about someone missing out on their blog if it's private, but you can put your email address on your profile and make your profile public so you can choose who and know the people who are looking at your site. We have no control over another's actions though. They have to take the extra step to ask to be invited. My profile isn't public so mine isn't posted, so it's even more of a challenge, but I love knowing who looks at my blog. It's a good thing she checked her site meter and investigated. This is evil and it's always the innocent exposed! I feel terrible inside for her and her family. All the private blogs I view are saved on my favorites page so I don't forget who is private and who is not and I love to peek in on you from time to time! I hope this helps others.
I read the same thing on her Blog and that's why I got the SITEMETER put on my Blog. I have already had a few hits from commercial websites that I have no idea who they are.
Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure I watch my site meter closely.
I've heard half a dozen stories like this in the last few months. I hate being private (my husband requested it when I started my blog) But and now glad we are. I've enjoyed keeping up with your sweet children and would love to keep doing it. We recently moved back to UT and should have a local MBASA reunion!
kandamachi (at) aol (dot) com
I hat being private but I do feel safer! I am so sorry for your friend
So I was concerned about the Bing info and this is what my husband told me. If you type something in to a search bar such as "bike video" some thumbnail pictures will come up of bike videos. While using bing if you scroll over this thumbnail the video will start playing. With google you need to click on it. This is the only difference between Bing and other search engines. It only applies to videos not any still images. So essentially you have to type in something questionable and then when you see the thumbnail of the video you have to move the mouse to it (most likely because you want to click on it). To stop using Bing because of this seems a little like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. You really need to use filter software, check the history on your computer regulalry, and talk to your kids about internet safety. Bing and Google also both allow you to change your filtering preferences to be more strict decreasing any explicit material that it will bring up.
Post a Comment