Love note #10
Kyle was smart.
(or in the language of Isaac)
Super duper smart!
I always wanted to marry someone who I KNEW was much smarter than me and that would understand most everything (if not everything) that was going on, so that if I didn't, I wouldn't feel scared (or stupid). Somehow, if Kyle understands or knows something, it means I do too! I dated plenty of guys that were the same, less, or maybe a teeny tiny bit smarter than me and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I love that Kyle is super duper smart and I'm not humble about it one bit. Good thing he is!
He's all kinds of smart--book smart, street smart, and oh-so-witty funny smart.
Kyle was the first member of his immediate family (and I'm pretty sure one of the first members of his extended family--aunts, uncles, cousins) to receive a bachelors degree. This man of mine only received one grade lower than an A in all of his undergraduate studies.
And it was an B+.
Smart.
You wouldn't know by looking at this picture, huh?
That is because he is tricky smart too.
Love note#11
Sent those crazies packing.
I have always been one of those girls who wanted to feel taken care of. I'm not talking about the frilly stuff, like roses and love notes. Before Kyle, I dated a guy who did lots of the frills, but I never felt like I could count/rely on him 100%. I had lots of cute love notes, and sweet presents, but that is not what holds me together. It didn't take me long to realize that Kyle was not a frill kind of guy. This was a good thing for me. He was sweet and he did thoughtful things, but he was also very composed, and didn't let the showy things he did, overshadow what was really important. When Kyle and I started to date I felt so good, so taken care of. There were a few times when we were dating that I showed my emotional girl crazy side. (I'm not sharing a secret people don't already know--we all know red heads are a little bit crazy!-- Kyle knew what he was getting himself into, long before he married me.) I have always known that everything would be alright, that he would always send the crazies away, and always make me feel good.
I loved feeling his arms around me then.
And I love feeling them around me now.
Even more so after 6 plus years of marriage, 3 kids, and a million other living experiences.
I still feel taken care of. And it feels good--oh so good!
Some people think I have it all together, but that isn't true and Kyle knows it. I fall apart 10 poopy diapers, 11 false alarm bathroom potty training trips, 6 nose wipes, 4 slamming doors, 8 baby feedings, 2 doctor appointments, 3 times getting lost to those 2 doctor appointments later. I'm sure everyone does it. Those melt down, emotional, the world hates me, cries in the bedroom. They are less frequent for me when Kyle is around. He makes everything better. He is the best listener there is. He always knows exactly what to say!! Whenever I am crying and rambling nonsense, he pulls me together and does it so easily, so naturally. Sometimes when he is listening and taking care of me I just really want him to say the wrong thing, because I have a fight in me that needs to be released! When I do snap back at him, it never makes any sense, and it never feels good. Sometimes I just want him to fight me so I don't feel so insane...I think--come on honey, be insane with me once in awhile! But then, he never does, he never is. Most of the time when he listens and takes care of me, I think to myself, now this is how to do it...if only I could remember how he does this.
Of course Kyle isn't perfect, and occassionally, I get to send his crazies packing. I love my best friend. We may be cheesy, we may be dorky, (one of us may be loud), but we still make a great team.
Cheese.
Love note #12
Kyle was a hard worker
I knew he was a hard worker from day one. Here we are in front of the Olympic fan van--one of his jobs in college. He worked hard, but had so much fun!

Kyle comes from a family of hard workers. Did you know Kyle is from Hooper, Utah? A mainly farming community...here he is just about to till the earth with his tractor and his woman by his side. Actually, this is his uncle's tractor. Kyle never did much farming, but if he did, I'm sure he would be great!:) One of the first dates he took me on was to play "the farming game." He already knows what I thought of that date.
Kyle is still a hard worker. He works incredibly hard for his family. We wish he could stay home and play with us all day long, but we think his buddies at work would miss him too much.
Sometimes, sharing is no fun.
(or in the language of Isaac)
Super duper smart!
I always wanted to marry someone who I KNEW was much smarter than me and that would understand most everything (if not everything) that was going on, so that if I didn't, I wouldn't feel scared (or stupid). Somehow, if Kyle understands or knows something, it means I do too! I dated plenty of guys that were the same, less, or maybe a teeny tiny bit smarter than me and I didn't like the way it made me feel. I love that Kyle is super duper smart and I'm not humble about it one bit. Good thing he is!
He's all kinds of smart--book smart, street smart, and oh-so-witty funny smart.
Kyle was the first member of his immediate family (and I'm pretty sure one of the first members of his extended family--aunts, uncles, cousins) to receive a bachelors degree. This man of mine only received one grade lower than an A in all of his undergraduate studies.
And it was an B+.
Smart.You wouldn't know by looking at this picture, huh?
That is because he is tricky smart too.
Love note#11
Sent those crazies packing.
I have always been one of those girls who wanted to feel taken care of. I'm not talking about the frilly stuff, like roses and love notes. Before Kyle, I dated a guy who did lots of the frills, but I never felt like I could count/rely on him 100%. I had lots of cute love notes, and sweet presents, but that is not what holds me together. It didn't take me long to realize that Kyle was not a frill kind of guy. This was a good thing for me. He was sweet and he did thoughtful things, but he was also very composed, and didn't let the showy things he did, overshadow what was really important. When Kyle and I started to date I felt so good, so taken care of. There were a few times when we were dating that I showed my emotional girl crazy side. (I'm not sharing a secret people don't already know--we all know red heads are a little bit crazy!-- Kyle knew what he was getting himself into, long before he married me.) I have always known that everything would be alright, that he would always send the crazies away, and always make me feel good.
I loved feeling his arms around me then.
And I love feeling them around me now.Even more so after 6 plus years of marriage, 3 kids, and a million other living experiences.
I still feel taken care of. And it feels good--oh so good!
Some people think I have it all together, but that isn't true and Kyle knows it. I fall apart 10 poopy diapers, 11 false alarm bathroom potty training trips, 6 nose wipes, 4 slamming doors, 8 baby feedings, 2 doctor appointments, 3 times getting lost to those 2 doctor appointments later. I'm sure everyone does it. Those melt down, emotional, the world hates me, cries in the bedroom. They are less frequent for me when Kyle is around. He makes everything better. He is the best listener there is. He always knows exactly what to say!! Whenever I am crying and rambling nonsense, he pulls me together and does it so easily, so naturally. Sometimes when he is listening and taking care of me I just really want him to say the wrong thing, because I have a fight in me that needs to be released! When I do snap back at him, it never makes any sense, and it never feels good. Sometimes I just want him to fight me so I don't feel so insane...I think--come on honey, be insane with me once in awhile! But then, he never does, he never is. Most of the time when he listens and takes care of me, I think to myself, now this is how to do it...if only I could remember how he does this.
Of course Kyle isn't perfect, and occassionally, I get to send his crazies packing. I love my best friend. We may be cheesy, we may be dorky, (one of us may be loud), but we still make a great team.
Cheese.
Love note #12
Kyle was a hard worker
I knew he was a hard worker from day one. Here we are in front of the Olympic fan van--one of his jobs in college. He worked hard, but had so much fun!

Kyle comes from a family of hard workers. Did you know Kyle is from Hooper, Utah? A mainly farming community...here he is just about to till the earth with his tractor and his woman by his side. Actually, this is his uncle's tractor. Kyle never did much farming, but if he did, I'm sure he would be great!:) One of the first dates he took me on was to play "the farming game." He already knows what I thought of that date.
Kyle is still a hard worker. He works incredibly hard for his family. We wish he could stay home and play with us all day long, but we think his buddies at work would miss him too much.Sometimes, sharing is no fun.


4 comments:
Hey Kyle and I are from the same neck of the woods...how crazy is that!
Again these posts are such a great read and you two do make a super duper smart team. Curt drove those honkin huge tractors in college. They seem to have a lot in common. It's fun to hear about these times in your life b/ c I can remember seeing the pictures back then, but now I know all the stories to go with them. You have lots of good stories to share Em. I'm glad you're sharing a little more Kyle and Emily with the world. :) happy valentines day!
I have to agree that Kyle is one of the best listeners! I used to joke that he was my counselor in high school and I'm not sure I'd have survived without that cousin of mine! He's one of the greatest guys I know and he's oh so funny! Great posts!
You hold up much better than I would under the pressure of the 3 wild things at home. My job is much easier.
I think I look very smart in that picture - I'm thinking deep thoughts...
Post a Comment