So, I remembered tonight that I was going to start a tradition this year for Valentine's Day.
Starting with the first day of February I would leave a sweet message and/or treat for each family member. Well, I forgot. Instead this year I'll start with a modified edition (I hope to start the ful- on Valentine tradition next year). This tradition was inspired by my friend (thanks Janae!) She did a post last year or perhaps the year before about this fun tradition.
My modified edition is this--each day write one reason why I fell in love with Kyle. First I have to play catch-up.Starting with the first day of February I would leave a sweet message and/or treat for each family member. Well, I forgot. Instead this year I'll start with a modified edition (I hope to start the ful- on Valentine tradition next year). This tradition was inspired by my friend (thanks Janae!) She did a post last year or perhaps the year before about this fun tradition.
Love note #1
Kyle played hard to get.
This might not sound like a reason to you, but it was to me at the time. I really didn't date until college. High school was an awkward stage in my life for many reasons...no, I'm not even going to go there. In college I discovered that I could be confident in my dating. For the first time in my LIFE I felt like I could actually like having red hair--because I had boys that seemed to like it! All of a sudden, I started to get asked out on dates...and from cute guys. I'm not going to lie, I loved the attention. I was a bit confused at times, but still loved it. I was so flattered but managed to stay humble, that is, until the night of October 26th 2001. (By the way--thanks to all the guys out there who built up this red-headed confidence because without it, I really don't know how I would have caught Kyle.)And so the story goes...
I had briefly met Kyle a couple of times but was instantly impressed. My roommates and I dressed up for a Halloween party as 80's miss beauty pageant contestants. Lovely. After a large group picture I turned around to find my roommates missing. They had left me behind to go visit Kyle's apartment. I was desperate to see Kyle again, and I looked HOT in my costume so I knew he just HAD to see me. I ran, full speed, in that beauty of a dress across the parking lot and up the stairs, barely catching up with my roommates as they knocked on the door. Kyle's roommate opened the door and then all I remember is standing in the doorway being completely ignored. Kyle was draped over a couch **intensely watching football. 5 minutes later, we left. I felt deflated. He didn't even glance in my direction. He didn't even see that I was a winning beauty queen. HARD to get. Fine. I could play that game...or could I? Did I even want to? He seemed like a lazy guy who was definitely more interested in football than me. These were all thoughts running through my head. Kyle was the first guy in college that I was interested in that didn't just melt to be by my side. This all sounds very prideful, there weren't THAT many guys I was interested in, but he was the first one that seemed indifferent at the chance of being with a swell gal like me! Hard to get! I was angry and determined. He would be mine!! We just didn't know it yet.
**Just how intensely? Apparently, Kyle felt like he should give me some of my own medicine (his words). Earlier that week he had come over to my apartment (specifically to see me, so he says) and I barely talked to him and gave all my attention to his roommate. I slightly remember this, however, it was because I was so nervous about being in his presence! I could barely look in his direction I was so nervous and NOT confident at all. So, in an attempt to shove it back in my face, he stared fiercely at his football game--purposely ignoring me.


6 comments:
I love "How we met stories"! Too funny to remember dating and the games we played to end up together.
I rather enjoyed that post. And I was surprised that you even included the part at the end about you ignoring me. I can't wait for more!
Kyle
very cute story. :) Btw, you look way too pretty to be a 80's queen.
ha ha... I must have heard this story at some point but I'm sure it was from Kyle's point of view. I totally cracked up at your description of Kyle as a "lazy guy"!! ha ha ha! I remember him telling me about you all those years ago and I knew the guy was smitten. Can't wait to hear more!!
Great idea, Emily.
Very sweet ;)
i never knew this. crazy! very bold of him!
Post a Comment