The Party Van and Us

The Party Van and Us

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A day late.

I'm only a day late. I was busy loving all of my valentines yesterday.

Love note #13
Kyle was just a likable guy.

young love
Truth be told, Kyle was easy to like and even easier to fall in love with. It seemed, everyone liked him, which was a good thing. Especially with my family.

An interesting side story--
Over Christmas break 2001 Kyle met the fam, the fam met Kyle and it was love at first sight. It helped that they didn't love my last boyfriend, and it also helped that Kyle was a charmer. He was funny, smart, kind and it was apparent to everyone. Over a card game of scum, I studied the people around the table, all laughing and having a good time. A thought occured to me--did they like him more than me? It seemed, yes. Who was this guy? Did I really know him? All we had done was having a good time together--lots of smiles and laughs. I don't really know why, but I came to the conclusion that I needed to break up with Kyle. Immediately my stomach hurt. It was like a burning, horribly painful nervous stomach. I felt totally sick. I thought I felt sick because I didn't want to break up with Kyle--even though I was sure that is what I needed to do. Even what Heavenly Father wanted me to do (talk about misinterpretting the spirit!!).

I didn't really sleep that night. I tossed and turned and ate my pillow in tears. I did not want to do this, how come I had to? The next morning before I brought Kyle his breakfast, I told my mom the news. She looked devastated and begged me to reconsider. I would not listen to her. Then she suggested I at least wait until we go back to Utah, and I agreed.

Kyle hates this picture because he knows it is the picture I was thinking, "well this is probably the last picture I will be taking with Kyle"
Well, I didn't break it off with Kyle. I figured it out! The stomach ache went away as soon as I embraced the fact that I was being ridiculous. Now I joke that the reason I almost broke it off was because I was jealous that my family liked him more than they liked me.
Which is probably true.

Love note #14
Kyle was an easy read.

I never had to guess who Kyle was. It was apparent in everything that he said and did. He was kind. He was smart. He was funny. He was thoughtful. He was honest. He was humble. He was a friend. He was a listener. He was unselfish. He was loving.
And most importantly, he had a strong testmimony of the Gospel and he knew his Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I knew he would always make me feel loved and I knew that knowing him, would make me want to be a better person.

I knew I loved him and I knew I had to have him!

And thankfully, I got him.

I love you babe! Happy day after Valentines.

4 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

How could you possibly have wanted to break up with me? I'm glad your family had my back while you took time sorting our the cause of your heartburn.

Truth is, I won the game. Yes, you knew what you wanted all along and I was just going with the flow, but I won you and that is the best prize of all.

Happy Valentines.
Kyle

Fellars Family said...

Loved all the posts! It was fun to learn more about you and Kyle.

Karena said...

That was the cutest idea ever. I may have to do that next year.

Vagabond Mother said...

I remember going to your wedding and being amazed at how attractive your husband was. Far cry from anyone we knew in elementary school. . .

Thanks for getting married and making me feel old at twenty. It made it seem normal, almost even mature, to get married at 21.

WAIT!!! Were you 19 when you got married?!?

Holy cow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...