Love note #5
Kyle loved kids.
He is quoted in his high school year book as wanting a big family, specifically, "I want 8 kids." I learned this on our first date. I was very happy by this news because I wanted a big family as well. Neither one of us really knew what we were saying back then but 3 kids later, surprisingly, we still want a big family! But we don't know about 8...we might want 9 or 10. Ha!
These pictures are of Kyle and my cute nephew Charlie. They are playing peek-a-boo with Kyle's V hat. What does that V stand for? I found out later that a group of his friends all had this hat--all SINGLE guys. Can you guess what it stands for? AFTER they get married, they get a new hat. I was expecting a hat with an M. But no, Kyle's friends got a hat with an S. I couldn't stand to look at it and lovingly suggested he give it away.
Which of course, he did.


Which of course, he did.


Virgin.
It stands for Virgin. Just in case you were still wondering.
Kyle is the dad of all dads. His boys adore him and I'm pretty sure Ruby thinks highly of him as well. I love watching him play with our boys and I love hearing what he teaches them. He is so good to them and is such a great example.
He was a good Virgin too.
I wonder what Kyle will think about this post.
It stands for Virgin. Just in case you were still wondering.
Kyle is the dad of all dads. His boys adore him and I'm pretty sure Ruby thinks highly of him as well. I love watching him play with our boys and I love hearing what he teaches them. He is so good to them and is such a great example.
He was a good Virgin too.
I wonder what Kyle will think about this post.


8 comments:
I think Kyle will die when he sees this post, but it made me get a great chuckle, so it was worth it for at least one person! I can't believe a group of guys all got V hats that were traded in for S hats! (Yeah, I think I know what the S stands for!) These have been really fun to read, Emily. I love hearing people's stories, especially the nitty gritty stuff that's usually left out. This is hilarious.
Oops, that last comment was mine, Emily. I'm on my brother's computer.
Becky Jensen
All of these love note posts are cracking me up. HA!
What a fun tradition. Maybe next year...
Very cute stories, very entertaining. I only knew you after you were married I never heard how you met. So where were those pictures of you guys on the plaid couch taken? We had those same couches when I lived in Glenwood. I'm sure they are probably in every other apartment complex though. :)
Your love notes are such a great idea! How fun to read all the posts. You always have great ideas.
Love the V hat! I had a good laugh reading all your young love stories!!! And seeing all Kyles wonderful photogenic pictures!
That's funny because Tyler and I always said we wanted 4 - 5 kids. And then we had Douglas. Enough said : )
again, i stand in awe of your post emily. that story about his hat was pretty dang creative and hilarious. i never thought i would hear you say the word 'virgin' either.
Post a Comment